Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Notes mentions working with AD-groups

andre-berlin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Notes mentions working with AD-groups

The Notes feature on Qlik Sense SaaS is capable of mentioning other users within the space. However this feature only works with users added directly to the space, not with AD-groups. Administering users one by one to a space is not an option. So mentions should be enabled to users who have access to the space whether it's by an ad group or a user is added by user name.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I had the same thought but then I realised that Qlik Sense SaaS doesn't store AD / IdP group membership anywhere, it is just passed as part of the login process each time a user logs in, so it only "exists" during that user's session. The user may not even exist from Qlik Sense's point of view if they've not ever logged in.

I imagine Qlik will need to figure out a way to cache this or set up a directory connector to IdPs in SaaS like there is on Windows. 

andre-berlin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for that insight @AlexOmetis! I really feel that this is a deal breaker to start working with notes, at least in our organization when adding users one-by-one isn't an option. Hopefully Qlik can change the way the directory connector works in SaaS then.

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

There is no director connector in SaaS yet - just an authentication flow (a bit like if you had an AD Virtual Proxy but no Directory Connector with QS on Windows). It would be nice if QS SaaS had a directory connector - or at least a caching of group membership - but I don't know if this is on the roadmap... 

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

We just found this out the hard way while prepping our training for migration in a few weeks.  we may not even formally roll out the notes feature just because it will be too beastly to administer.  It is absurd that the same process which allows access to a space cannot be used for provisioning permissions in notes.  This is a pretty massive oversight in usability. 

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Meghann_MacDonald

Group support for Notes has been delivered as of October, read more here

Meghann MacDonald

Status changed to: Delivered