Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

ODBC Connector for Qlik Data Gateway

Alastair_Ometis
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

ODBC Connector for Qlik Data Gateway

Hi,

One feature that is obviously lacking from Qlik SaaS is the ability to connect to data sources that do not have a supported connector and are only available via ODBC.

ONe way aroudn this problem is to run Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows (QSEoW) or Qlik Data Transfer (QDT) to connect to these sources to extract and store the required data as QVD data files and then push them to SaaS via QDT.

With the arrival of the Qlik Data Gateway (QDG) we now have support for on-prem data sources that do have a supported connector however QDT/QSEoW and QDG cannot co-exist o nthe same server so we would need to have both a server running QSEoW/QDT and a separate server running QDG if we need to connect to some on-prem data sources that have supported connectors and some that do not.

Can ODBC Data Source access via QDG be enabled preventing the need for two separate servers for this use case.

Tags (2)
40 Comments
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

@AdyWorrall in this Community there is Application Automation forum. Here is the link Labels page - Qlik Community

AdyWorrall
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@Ola_Mayer  superb, thank you and have a great weekend 🙂

Predator
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

we would be thankful if there were a possibility to connect to an Exasol Database v7.0.x / v7.1.x (https://www.exasol.com) via Qlik Data Gateway, either with a native supported JDBC driver or a generic ODBC driver in QDT Direct Access.

Thanks in advance!

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello @Predator did you try using generic ODBC with QDT today? This discussion is about using Generic ODBC with Data Gateway - Direct access.

Predator
Contributor
Contributor

Hello ,

sorry, I mean "QDG - Direct access", so we need Exasol or Generic ODBC driver in Qlik Data Gateway - Direct access. I would be glad if the upcoming version of QDG - Direct access contains the Exasol driver or a Generic ODBC driver, so that we can use QDG - Direct access with the Exasol database.

MichaelR1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Have there been any updates on this? I'm ready to get away from the our workaround process and load directly from our on-prem progress database using the gateway!

amorgado
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Ola_Mayer 

At present I'm using Data Transfer to upload data to the cloud using QVD files. This process works but is not very efficient. My local database is an "Actian zen v14 Enterprise Server" former Pervasive SQL server.

I'm accessing my data locally through a generic ODBC driver, so until Qlik Data Gateway support a generic ODBC driver I can not migrate to this solution.

Any update on the subject?

Thanks

Best regards

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

@amorgado is coming in his quarter. File support, including QVDs, later this year.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived