Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Partition option in Databricks

attunitysupportcs
Partner - Contributor III

Partition option in Databricks

Based on User Guide of Compose for Data Lakes, manage partition only available in Hive project. Do you have any roadmap plan for partitions in databricks project?

10 Comments
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @attunitysupportcs,

Thanks for your post, however, this discussion is more appropriate for the Qlik Compose for Data Lakes discussion board. Please refer to the Idea submission guidelines for more details.

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
Tzachi_Nissim
Employee
Employee

Hi Attunitysupportcs,

I'm reopening this - it is a valid product idea (add partitioning option to Compose for Databricks target). This is on our roadmap.

Note that you can generate the DDL script without running it and then manipulate it and add such partitions yourself until this is available as part of the product. 

Thank you!

Tzachi

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
attunitysupportcs

Hi Tzachi,

Thank you for the reply and reopening this idea.

Hope we can get notification if its timing has already been decided in the product roadmap.

Tzachi_Nissim
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is on the roadmap... Thank you for suggesting this!

Regards,

Tzachi

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
attunitysupportcs

Hi Tzachi,

I have checked Compose Data Lakes version 6.6.0.940, partition is still only available in Hive project.

May I know when is the roadmap plan for this partition to be available in databricks project?

Thank you!

Tzachi_Nissim
Employee
Employee

Hi Attunitysupportcs,

I can't share an exact timeline unfortunately, but this is an important request and we are planning to deliver this in one of the upcoming releases.

Regards,

Tzachi

attunitysupportcs

Hi Tzachi,

To include partition for DataBricks project in upcoming releases will be a good news for us and keep us updated on this feature ready is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

mehmet_gencsoy
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Any updates?

BR

Mehmet

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived