Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Rest to default settings for Qlik Sense security rules

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Rest to default settings for Qlik Sense security rules

Dear Team,

Many times I have observed that while working with security rules someone sometimes messed up the access control by writing improper security rules.

To clean up such rules becomes difficult. 

In such a case, there should be an option to reset the security rules to default one. 

I understand that this can be done by backup and restore but that is a lengthy process.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Tags (2)
5 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Good idea - even at a rule by rule basis rather than globally ?

For me the audit reports are slow and unwieldy.

Export anyone ?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That's a good idea @AndrewMcIlwrick.

I had lots of challenges cleaning the security rule when any developer mess with that.

I would also like to have alert message when one security rule overrides other, which will help Administrators recheck the newly created rule.

kuba_michalik1
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think a good way to solve this would be to make Default rules almost like ReadOnly rules - the only allowed action would be to enable or disable them. In addition, add a button to clone a rule, and you will always have the defaults on hand, while also being able to quickly use them as a basis for customization.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived