Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Search for Properties

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Search for Properties

Replicate the excellent Vizlib feature that allows users to search through the properties panel for an object.

As more functionality gets added to charts this makes development so much easier and faster.

6 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

@Patric_Nordstrom if this reply is auto-generated which I assume it is - can the wording be changed ?

"Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea."

This comes over as quite negative. I guess the bulk of product suggestions are not on the short-term roadmap and after seeing a few of these my own thoughts turn to "Why bother ?" ! Some of these do start to get say 20+ votes in the channel. At what point do they then re-surface in front of the product team as a reconsideration. There really only is value imo if customers are seeing positive messages and also possible idea pick-up.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thanks for providing feedback, I can assure you I'm reviewing all items. 

To be on the short-term roadmap means there should be estimated delivery time like the next release or the release after, which I only have for work already initiated.

With +130 items we need more input with likes, views and comments to be able to see which items are the most popular ones. Hence the status "Open - collecting feedback" which is  a much more positive than you suggest.

My area delivered +120 new features (mainly based on customer feedback) the last 12 milestones, hopefully we can continue that track.

Thanks,

Patric

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Fantastic ! Thanks - there is a great story in there for marketing real customer engagement and collaboration.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived