Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Select map Icons via condition calculations

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Select map Icons via condition calculations

Hi guys,

you've recently added the possibility to add map Icons in the map layers, a very cool improvement :

ImagenMap1.png

But It would be better if we can change the map Icon dinamically depending if the location is a store, a parking, a customer, or whatever...to see something like this in Qlik Sense:

ImagenMap2.png

Best regards, Marcel.

Tags (2)
9 Comments
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @marcel_olmo,

Thank you for your idea. Going forward, please put one and only one label on an idea submission. We use the labels (and tags) to direct ideas to the appropriate product manager. When there are multiple labels, things get confused.

Thanks!

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thanks @John_Teichman for your repply. How or when we can know if my suggest will be added or declined by your development team?

I'm asking you this because my idea comes from a customer need.

Best regards, Marcel.

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @marcel_olmo,

All new ideas are reviewed by a product management within 5-weeks of idea submission. Keep an eye on the status of your idea. You will get your first indication when the status changes from "Open -New" to some other status. Please refer to these two posts for more information:

Idea Reviews - An Overview

Idea Statuses

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thank you very much @John_Teichman . I'll check it out in few weeks.

Best Regards, Marcel.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

It's possible set image by url in the map point layer  of Qlik SaaS June 1st and Qlik client managed August 2021 release.

Status changed to: Delivered
JohannEls
Partner - Contributor III

Best would be to have an "fx" box for images to dynamically select the correct image per area or point or line etc., either based on a field or an expression.  This would be my suggestion to Qlik.  Would love to have this functionality!

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@JohannEls already implemented in SaaS, coming to QSEoW in August 2021.

Thanks,

Patric

JohannEls

👍