Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Shared master library between apps

Not applicable

Shared master library between apps

I know scripting dimensions and measure is on the road map and that will improve alot. But I think the master library items should be shared between applications or ability to select the one you want for certain apps would be better even better.

New master items:

Script sections

Sheets

Ability to version control and export master items.

Tags (2)
17 Comments
hendrikgruss
Contributor II
Contributor II

Really a must have feature. We have a lot of dashboards that share similar data. It would save us a lot of time when there would be the possibility to import master items from lets say an csv or if there would be a central point in qliksense to define master elements!

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

@Thomas_Hoppcan you please provide any sort of indicative timescale for this, or if not a list of the proposed content features ? Thank you.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi all, about that topic I wanted to share one post from our qlik.com/roadmap page which talks about our upcoming delivery regarding an "impact analysis" https://www.qlik.com/blog/tapping-into-the-pulse-of-your-data

Apart from that, you will see as well application automation templates coming together with our Qlik Application Automation offering in September, which will help you to keep your dimensions the same across multiple Apps.

And there is of course more to come ...

Best regards,

Thomas

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
alexandra_hc
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! I have been complaining about this for ages. So annoying if you e.g. merge apps and have to manually recreate dozens of Master items. Would be so much easier if you could just copy them from one app to another. 

Hope this feature will be implemented! 

fruityhost
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello everyone,
There is the Chrome extension to Qlik Sense - Gitoqlok, which allows you to transfer master items between applications so there is no need to manually recreate dozens of them.
You can do it in the "Import" tab, where there is an option to import master items from an application that has been previously saved to the repository (attaching a screenshot). 

https://docs.gitoqlok.com/tutorials/importing-qlik-sense-app-from-git - you can check out how to set up and use the Import function in Gitoqlok here. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 11.12.25.png

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived