Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Sheet specific auto-generation of filter pane based on context

richardwilde
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sheet specific auto-generation of filter pane based on context

I want a feature where a filter pane is automatically generated for that sheet based on the fields used in the objects in that sheet.

Instead of having to manually populate a filter pane object with a large number of items, I want Qlik to generate this for me automatically with fields that exist in objects in the current sheet. I could then customize this, removing or adding anything I need, and it would speed up the process of adding sheet-specific filters.

Doing it manually for every sheet is rather tedious - if it could at least auto-populate it with all the fields used, then I could re-sort and tidy up that list myself.

(This is for Qlik Sense, enterprise version I guess)

5 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Nice idea

richardwilde
Contributor II
Contributor II

Perhaps a counter-point to this idea is that these are the fields most easily filtered on from the charts/objects themselves, so they're less needed than other fields.

Feel like some sort of smart filter generation/suggestion tool is needed, though not certain how to determine what fields those should be.

I guess you could also have automatic monitoring of which filters people actually use in the app, and allow that to feed into the generation/suggestion process, though that will be heavily biased by what's already available or convenient to use - i.e. what's in the current filter pane on that sheet, and what else is selectable from that sheet's objects (though it could perhaps be useful to know that the user is constantly changing to another sheet just to apply a filter, then coming back, for example).

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

With Knarr acquisition it's likely we will get enhancements to the global selector which could be relevant here.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived