Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Single App Backup/Restore

Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Single App Backup/Restore

Qlik Sense currently has no way to backup a single app including all community content without backing up the entire system and restoring the entire system.

The closest you can come is either exporting a single app and importing it again later, losing all community content in the process, or renaming and importing the raw binary, which includes community content but loses all ownership information.

13 Comments
Ana1
Contributor
Contributor

The complete backup and easy restoration of ALL app sheets, including community sheets, is a 'must have'. 

The Qlik suggested restoration method involves importing a raw binary file, however, this restores all sheets back to the main app and not the community stream.  There is no way to easily ascertain sheet ownership.  Tedious if there are fifty community sheets all belonging to different users!

The second Qlik suggested restoration method involves a complete system restore which is a ridiculous when you only want to reinstate a single app.

I recently encountered an issue where community sheets went missing during a manual data load.  I was horrified to discover that there was no simple way, of restoring an app containing community sheets, to the same state as per the last backup.  It is easy to restore sheets that are part of  the main app but not the community sheets 😑

This problem makes me reluctant to promote and use Qlik Sense in our company market.  I had strongly recommended the use of community sheets to enable easy sharing of sheets relevant only to stream power users and to enable the review of  new sheets and modified sheets prior to publishing to the main app.   

I like the other elements of Qlik Sense a lot and champion it across the business, however, the users impacted by the missing sheets were quite annoyed that their sheets could not be restored.  They have reverted back to using other BI tools which defeats the project objective to move towards using Qlik Sense.

Please can you look into implementing a full app backup strategy asap as the lack of this feature is hindering my project goal.

Thank you

Ana

Robster
Contributor
Contributor

For me this feature is certainly a must have!

MrAJPorter
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the above, it's surprising that Qlik Sense lacks this very beneficial feature.

AdamH
Contributor
Contributor

Required feature

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Strongly suggested and required.

SergioTres
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Required and usefull !

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Looking forward to see this soon!

mgsrinivasmurthy44
Contributor II
Contributor II

Very Useful and strongly recommend we have this feature soon

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Andrew_Delaney this is indeed something we are investigating. And your Backup / Restore use case is one. The other one is a migration from Client Managed to SaaS where you need to cary all the content with you from within the App. I'll update this idea with the updated status when we are getting closer to the development.

Best regards,

Thomas

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
jbouslimi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Any Status Update on This?.