Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Support auto rotation of encryption keys in Replicate and QEM

Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Support auto rotation of encryption keys in Replicate and QEM

Changing the encryption keys (master keys) in Replicate and QEM once they are functional makes them unusable.

For Replicate, a user has to go in and change every single credential in the Replicate instance

QEM documentation does not mention the process to ensure QEM is operational after changing the master key.

As per PCI DSS best practices we need to rotate the encryption keys frequently. Not able to do that automatically poses a security risk for Replicate and QEM use.

I would like to propose and enhancement to support rotation of encryption keys automatically in Replicate and QEM.

8 Comments
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @Ola_Mayer,

I want to follow up on this request.

Thanks!

ppatil_Qlik
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Qlik Replicate Product Manager,

I would follow-up on this Product feature request, Can you help prioritize the request considering this is priority for our Organization. Thank you!

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your request is still under consideration.  At this point, we do not have any updates on if/when we will be able to add it to a future release.  We will let you know if we have any questions or need additional details around this request and certainly update once there is a change in the status.

Jim_Williams
Employee
Employee

Please can you confirm whether this is on the Replicate road map and if there is any date for release of this capability.
Thanks...Jim

Nulee_Massaro
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your suggestion. We are collecting more feedback and will get back to you when we have an update.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived