Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Trellis Chart - Visualizations Bundle: Remove empty charts

marcginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Trellis Chart - Visualizations Bundle: Remove empty charts

The Trellis Chart currently in the Visualization Bundle is not able to remove empty charts.

When for example, I use Set Analysis, to show certain values for a dimension I would like to see empty charts. There is one 3rd Party extension that does exactly what I'm looking for and that is https://github.com/miclae76/trellis-chart.

It only shows values that are related to the selection that is made.

For example, I create a bar chart with sales by Product Category. Now my Trellis Chart shows all Product Sub Categories related to the Product Category selected. Unfortunately the current Trellis Chart shows charts for all Product Sub Categories and Product Sub Categories not belonging to a selected Product Category are empty.

See this post for some examples: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration-Extensions-APIs/Visualizations-Bundle-Trellis-C...

Marc Algera

14 Comments
jean1
Contributor II
Contributor II

@rva  do you know if this version would be supported/updated through future versions/upgrades of Qlik Sense? I'm new to Qlik, and our BI team has previously experienced an extension that broke and was no longer supported so they are understandably hesitant to utilize some of these. Thanks for the info!

rva
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

hi!

Unfortunately you would have to apply the fix manually on each Qlik Sense release, until Qlik includes this fix in the official release. Ask @Patric_Nordstrom when they will include the fix in future releases.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived