Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Update tags when app is republished

blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

Update tags when app is republished

This is how Qlik Sense SaaS works today:

1. I publish an app without tags to a managed space

2. In the original app, I add tags

3. I republish the original app to the managed space - overwriting the existing app

4. On the app in the managed space, there are no tags - that is, the new tags added to the original app, are not added to the published app.

The same happens if there are tags on the app when it is published the first time: When an app contains tags when published to a managed space for the first time, these tags are available in the published app. But when tags are deleted from or added to the original app and the app is republished (overwriting the existing app in a published space), no changes are seen to the tags in the published app. Thus, updated tags are not available in published apps.

This is a very strange behaviour in my opinion. How are we supposed to use tags, when we have to know the exact ones the first time the app is published? This is VERY unflexible.

I strongly suggest that changes in tags on the original app are mirrored to the published app when republishing the original app and overwriting the existing published app.

Best regards,

Kim Madsen

3 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I like the idea but with some flexibility. We use tags for a purpose that means we don't want them promoted to higher environments. How about a checkbox indicating include/exclude tags in a similar way you can do for exporting data ? I guess that will require changes to the underlying API though. Will be good to hear what others think !

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived