Qlik Community

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
IMPORTANT security patches for GeoAnalytics Server available to download: READ DETAILS

"Read Only" status settable in chart properties

PaoloRizzato
Contributor II
Contributor II

"Read Only" status settable in chart properties

Sometimes it can be useful to have a chart which is not interactive (not "clickable" by users), just like as if it's a picture which keeps following users selections.

This way users should not be able to apply a filter on the chart dimension.

5 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Partner
Partner

Great suggestion. Was a useful QV feature, and I suspect easy to implement ?

jlp
Employee
Employee
A feature gap to QlikView actually. And very useful when you want to visualize someting but at the same time make sure that the users can't interact with the data in a "wrong" way. A typical scenario is when you use a "rolling months calendar" and use the rolling period as a dimension. Selecting the dimension is not relevant - it is only relevant to visualize the rolling x periods.
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Such feature of course puts a lot of responsibility on the developer to explain the "magic" as users expects all charts to be interactable.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
mshann01
Contributor II
Contributor II

Suggesting that users expect all charts to be interactable seems very short-sighted.  Qlik Sense at it's most basic is a presentation foundation for data.  There are all sorts of data that doesn't make sense to interact with.  A dashboard that presents a single record view such as a personal profile has no business being interactive after you search for the person.  When the person's gender is returned, clicking it for a single record is obviously useless.

dkhomich
Partner
Partner

This is a very useful idea. I have a very small graph for one cell, in which I would like to disable the filtering option, since when filtering, a panel pops up, in which there is nothing to fit and this is incomprehensible to the user.

dkhomich_0-1634546339055.png