Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

Updated 1/05/2022 to include upgrading to NPrinting May 2021 Service Release 3 (SR3) will resolve issue. 

Hello All, 

Please be sure to upgrade to the latest NPrinting May 2021 Service Release, SR3, to resolve the issue stated below. 

The download site can be found here.

Detailed Release notes are attached and include Windows/Office updates in addition to publish tasks and source formatting issue resolutions. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Hello Qlik NPrinting users,

We are currently facing an NPrinting Designer issue after the latest Windows/Office update and are actively working to resolve this defect.

After attempting to open the NPrinting Template Editor in NPrinting Designer you may see this error message: “Qlik NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting template editor for this file…”

The temporary workaround would be to revert to a prior version of Office. How to revert to an earlier version of Office (microsoft.com)

We will continue to post updates on this thread as they become available. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you,

Qlik Global Support

37 Comments
jlongoria
Creator
Creator

Maybe I've been doing this for waaay too long, but . . . the resolution to this problem is the resolution . . . literally. I've found that changing the scale and layout to 100% on all your monitors resolved the issue for me. (p.s. can I get a free Qlik shirt if this works??? L please)

Change all your monitors to this:

jlongoria_1-1634158543027.png

Kind Regards,

Joe

Digvijay_Singh

Hi @jlongoria 

There are multiple problems users are facing after office 365 upgrade, I reported Powerpoint template close button error we started experiencing after I upgraded to office 365 2102 version. We have been communicated that its being fixed in May 2021 SR3 and that is expected to be released in Nov month.

Thanks,

Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

To revert to a previous version of Office, this could be useful:
How to revert to an earlier version of Office (microsoft.com)
Best regards,

Albert

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@jlongoria - that's a long-standing issue with zooming - see this KB from 2017 - the issue identified here is not resolved by that unfortunately. 

Chernov
Creator
Creator

I still have this bug in my desktop pc

schernov_0-1634208122634.pngschernov_1-1634208297746.pngschernov_2-1634208313097.png

schernov_3-1634208328709.png

schernov_0-1634208485067.png

who can help resolve this problem ?

Chernov
Creator
Creator

@Ruggero_Piccoli i use office 2019 (build 1808), not office 365 or other, see img in my post

and not office click-to-run

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

@Chernov thanks for sharing your Office version, we will check

TonyC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unfortunately rolling back to previous version of Office 365 did not resolve the error for me.
I am now on Version 2108 (Build 14326.20348).

I look forward to the bug fix.

Regards,
Tony.

Digvijay_Singh

I think 2008 is the safest version. I got powerpoint template close button issue in 2102 which is one version higher to 2008.