Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to combine two access databases in one qvw file

Hi,

I have two qvw files

one is Sales.qvw

second one is Sales_new2013.qvw

Sales.qvw is getting data from Sales_12062013.accdb file and Sales_new2013.qvw is getting data from Sales.accdb file

Here Sales.accdb access database file is incremental i,e it contains data from 13/06/2013 to till date. Sales_12062013.accdb access database file contains data upto 12/06/2013 and this file is static.
My user wnats to have all the data in one file i,e in Sales.qvw file

Could anyone help me is it possible to get all the data in one file i,e is it possible to use two databases in one file.

Thanks.

7 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Since you already have everything pulled into those other two files, you could use a binary load to load the data from the other two files into your new Sales.qvw file.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks can you tell me please how can i do binary load?

Nicole-Smith

From QV Help:

Binary

The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data. It does not load the layout information or variables. Only one binary statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script. The syntax is:

binary file

where:

file ::= [ path ] filename

Examples:

Binary customer.qvw;

Binary c:\qv\customer.qvw;

The path is the path to the file, either absolute, or relative to the .qvw file containing this script line.

So you would have the following as the load script in your new file:

Binary Sales.qvw;

Binary Sales_new2013.qvw;

Note: You may need to include the path of the .qvw files like the second example in the help text above.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicole, Amelia,

i do not agree with using the binary load statement twice. You can use this statement once and therefor it has to be in the very first line of your script.

Amelia:

It depends on your internal datamodell which solution to choose. One solution nay be to bring (concatenate) the scripts together.

HtH

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi could you tell me how can I concatenate two scripts please

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Amelia,

I would have followed Roland recommendation,

you can use binary load only once. so in Sales_new2013.qvw add a binary load of sales.qvw and keep the rest of the script as it is in Sales_new2013.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

threre are some reqirements depending on the content of the two scripts. I.e. variable-definitions, table-/fieldnames, (path-)settings and so on.

For this it is not possible to give you a sufficient answer without knowing the codes. Is it possible that you post (at least the first lines) of them?

RR