Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select last 7 Days in QlikView Document

Hi all,

is it possible to select only the data for the last week (or last 7 Days) in a QlikView Document, when opening it - automatically?
I saw the document triggers, but I dont know how to achieve this.

Maybe theres another way?
Would be nice, if someone could help me out with an example or something else.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Do a selection for the field based on a search expression. For example, if your date field is named xxDate then make a listbox for the xxDate field, then type in =xxDate>now()-7 That should select the dates you are interested in. Then, make a bookmark (this will work best if xxDate is the only field selected). The bookmark will save the selection expression. Now you can set up a trigger and define the action as applying that bookmark. Make the trigger an On Open trigger so that it is applied when the document is opened. You can remove the listbox you created -- it is only needed as a place to enter the expression and check the result.

The nice thing about this solution is that it doesn't require any macro or module code.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
gauravkhare
Creator II
Creator II

hi,

you can definately achieve this by the use of set analysis and it's also easy. All you need to do is a bit of r & d. If you face problem in set analysis kindly tell me and will be providing you with all the coding part.

Not applicable
Author

I dont have any idea how to make this.

Would be nice if you could provide me an example or something else.
I have a table, which get the newest data from our database.
One column is the "Createn Date" (for example: 09/01/2010). I want, that only the data from the last 7 Days are selected when opening the document or when reloading it.

Thank you very much.

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear ,

I implemented same scenario with primavera.

ActiveDocument.Fields(

"WORK_YEAR"). Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Current_Year"

)

"WORK_WEEK"

). Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("LastWeek"

)

"WORK_DAY"

). Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("LastWeek"

)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

thanks for your answer and your suggestion. I tried your code in the module, but I dont know what I have to change, that it's working for my QlikView Document.

I attached a screenshot with a short description, so maybe you can tell me what I have to change in your code to get it to work.

Thank you very much.

Not applicable
Author

I am currently experiencing a similar problem myself. I have created some flags in my load script which assigns a 1 against each date of last week but am struggling to find a flawless way of using it in a trigger or a macro. It seems like if you have a conflicting date selected, it won't work.

Yesterdays date will work: =only({1<DateYesterday = {'1'}>} Date (DateYesterday is another flag). The 1 in the set overrides a conflicting date already selected. But, you cannot use 'only' and have it select more than one date i.e. for each date of last week.

Perhaps if you have a week dimension you could do something like =only({1<DateLastWeek = {'1'}>} Week but if you only have a date dimension in your app it will not work.

I'll carry on trying to find a solution.

Not applicable
Author

Do a selection for the field based on a search expression. For example, if your date field is named xxDate then make a listbox for the xxDate field, then type in =xxDate>now()-7 That should select the dates you are interested in. Then, make a bookmark (this will work best if xxDate is the only field selected). The bookmark will save the selection expression. Now you can set up a trigger and define the action as applying that bookmark. Make the trigger an On Open trigger so that it is applied when the document is opened. You can remove the listbox you created -- it is only needed as a place to enter the expression and check the result.

The nice thing about this solution is that it doesn't require any macro or module code.

Not applicable
Author

Tim,

Nice idea but will this override any conflicting date selections already made?

Not applicable
Author

Search expressions like that work within existing selections. So, if you already have a selection of dates from last February then the expression to select dates from the last seven days will not select anything (that is, it will not change your current selections). In a situation like that you must clear the selections on that field first. That is still something you can do with a triggered action.

As with ANY suggestions or solutions you find in this forum-- test them yourself in your own environment to make sure they satisfy your particular requirements!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tim,

thank you very much for your suggestion.
One more question. I created a listbox with my date field.
Where I have to enter now the expression you provided "=DATEFIELD>now()-7" to get the right selections?

Thanks!