4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2016 5:57 AM by Andrew Whitfield RSS

    Recover lost CALS using PGO files

    Laura Sébille

      Hello everyone,

       

      I have deleted some applications without removing the assigned cals first.. As a result, I have lost some cals.

       

      I have found the following steps to recover them:

       

      1)Stop the QlikView Server service.

      2)Add PgoAsXmlAlso=1 under [Settings 7] in the Settings.ini file located in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer (default location)

      3)Restart the QlikView Server service

      4)Navigate to Root Directory and Open the CalData.pgo.xml file to determine to which document the

      CALs were assigned

      5) Create a new blank QVW file named the same as document listed in CalData.pgo.xml & save it in

      the Root directory

      6) In Management Console, navigate to Documents > User Documents and locate QWV created in the

      previous step

      7) Click Document CALs tab and set Number of CALs allocated to this Document to zero and click

      Apply

       

       

      I did steps 1 to 3 but then I am not sure to understand... A new file : CalData.pgo.xml is supposed to have appeared in the root directory ?

      Or somewhere else ?

      Edit : Ok, I have found the xml files

       

      Now problem with step 4 :

      I opened the CalData.pgo.xml and then, how can I determine the document to which the CALS are assigned ? There is no informations about the documents ??

       

      Here is what I have in the CalData.pgo.xml :

       

       

      - <CalData>

       

       

      <Serial />

       

       

      - <LefCalInfo>

       

       

      <Uncapped>false</Uncapped>

       

       

      <NoOfSessionCals>-1</NoOfSessionCals>

       

       

      <NoOfUsageCals>-1</NoOfUsageCals>

       

       

      <NoOfNamedCals>5</NoOfNamedCals>

       

       

      <NoOfClusterNodes>1</NoOfClusterNodes>

       

       

      <NoOfDocumentCals>20</NoOfDocumentCals>

       

       

      <NoOfInfrequentNamedCals>0</NoOfInfrequentNamedCals>

       

       

      <NoOfConcurrentInfrequentNamedCals>0</NoOfConcurrentInfrequentNamedCals>

       

      </LefCalInfo>

       

      <NamedCalsAllocated />

       

       

      - <PerServerCalData>

       

       

      - <PerServerCalData>

       

       

      <ServerName>QVSERVER</ServerName>

       

       

      <LastUpdated>40E46F4F31C71C72</LastUpdated>

       

      </PerServerCalData>

      </PerServerCalData>

       

      <AvailableUsageCals>BFF0000000000000</AvailableUsageCals>

       

       

      <UsageCalUpdateTimestamp>0000000000000000</UsageCalUpdateTimestamp>

       

       

      <PerDocumentCalData />

       

       

      <NamedCalsInUse />

       

       

      <SessionCalsInUse />

       

       

      <InfrequentNamedCalsInUse />

       

       

      <InfrequentSessionCalsInUse />

       

       

      <InfrequentNamedCalsAllocated />

       

       

      <SessionsOnUsageCals>0</SessionsOnUsageCals>

       

      </CalData>

       

       

       

      Thank you for your help