Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Colormix on Pivot table (multiple expressions)

Hi everyone.

I needed assistance using colormix on a pivot table where the generated heat map fills in the colors horizontally across the Year dim found at the top. I can get colormix to work on a column vertically but could not find a setting to make it switch to calculating horizontally. Do I need to manually edit the generated code or is there another way to accomplish this?

Please refer to attached images. First shows it not working and in the latter I created it in excel to mimic what I required.

If you had a sample qvw that would really help. Would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Colormix Pivot Table.JPG.jpg

Colormix Excel.JPG.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for solution.  Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi QlikAsh13,

This may help you:

Background color of Pivot Table Labels

Thanks,

AS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

click on the dimension or expression for year and select background color.

in the definition for background color, input the expression that dictates the colors. something like:

=if(sum(Sales)<500000, rgb(255,0,0),

if(sum(Sales)>600000, rgb(0,255,0),

rgb(0,0,255)))

that should change the background color. modify the values and the expression itself to suit your logic. for colors, you can use argb() or color() or white()/red(), etc. instead of rgb().

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit.

Thank you for this.

I went through it but unfortunately it's similar to what I had originally done. The problem is that with these instances we are hard coding the min, intermediate and max rgb colours so it isn't mixing the colours like in a heat map for any values in between what we hard code.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Thank you for this. Please refer to reply to Amit.

I tried this originally but it doesn't "mix" colours for values in between like in a heat map.

Thanks.

marthacano01
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I hope it helps you

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martha.

Thank you.

Please refer to attached pic. You will find a blend of colours between red, yellow and green (heat map) which I can get to work on a straight table but applying this concept on a pivot where the data runs horizontally and not vertically doesn't seem to work. What you suggested is what I first did but then you lose the mix of in-between colours.Colourmix Straight table.JPG.jpg

Thank you.

marthacano01
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Attached is a new file. Just change the condition to use the Amount of Sales instead of the the years.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for solution.  Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Martha.

I suppose in addition to this, I can make it a bit more dynamic like what Jagan has also suggested.

Thanks once again.