Not applicable

How to show the "total" bar at the left most of the bar chart

How to show the "total" bar at the left most of the bar chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

One way would be to add an additional table and field. Let's say your dimension was "Fruit" and you had fruits 'apple', 'orange' and 'grape'. It would look like this:

FruitGroups:
FruitGroup, Fruit
total,apple
total,orange
total,grape
apple,apple
orange,orange
grape,grape

You'd probably want to avoid an inline load. You could probably do something like this:

Fruits:
LOAD fieldvalue('Fruit',iterno()) as Fruit
AUTOGENERATE 1
WHILE len(fieldvalue('Fruit',iterno()))
;
FruitGroups:
LOAD
'total' as FruitGroup
,Fruit
RESIDENT Fruits
;
CONCATENATE (FruitGroups)
LOAD
Fruit as FruitGroup
,Fruit
RESIDENT Fruits
;
DROP TABLE Fruits;

Then use FruitGroup as your dimension instead of Fruit. Sort in load order, and since 'total' was the first value loaded, it should be the left most bar of the chart. If it were me, I'd probably also use a background color expression to give the total a different color, just to make it even more visually distinct from the rest of the data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

One way would be to add an additional table and field. Let's say your dimension was "Fruit" and you had fruits 'apple', 'orange' and 'grape'. It would look like this:

FruitGroups:
FruitGroup, Fruit
total,apple
total,orange
total,grape
apple,apple
orange,orange
grape,grape

You'd probably want to avoid an inline load. You could probably do something like this:

Fruits:
LOAD fieldvalue('Fruit',iterno()) as Fruit
AUTOGENERATE 1
WHILE len(fieldvalue('Fruit',iterno()))
;
FruitGroups:
LOAD
'total' as FruitGroup
,Fruit
RESIDENT Fruits
;
CONCATENATE (FruitGroups)
LOAD
Fruit as FruitGroup
,Fruit
RESIDENT Fruits
;
DROP TABLE Fruits;

Then use FruitGroup as your dimension instead of Fruit. Sort in load order, and since 'total' was the first value loaded, it should be the left most bar of the chart. If it were me, I'd probably also use a background color expression to give the total a different color, just to make it even more visually distinct from the rest of the data.

Not applicable
Author

I have my zones say north east south and west and the total as a country all the quanties r shown but the total quantity of the country is shown in the right position of the bar chart but i want it in the left most position can i do it without any scripting only can it possible to do in the presentation layout or not or any other bar properties to change to make it possible

Not applicable
Author

it works thanks