Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

max day business trend

i have fiscal month

I want to show trend for the max day business for all fiscal months in a year

like if have data coming for days say 1,5,10,17,18,19,25,29,30 in month,then i just need to show the final day data (30th )for that month in that trend.I have date field as [work date].

what expression i can write to derive it.

Need help in finding it out

Thanks,

Here is the file.. Please help here. Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

the month end I used is calculated from the fact table (Transactions)

If today (May, 3rd) the fact table has data till today, this month monthend is today, not  the 30 or 31

ie, if you change the first line of my test data load in

Transactions:

Load

date(RangeMin(date(makedate(2015) + floor(rand()*365)),Today())) as Date,

the chart is

1.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Does this work for you:

2015-05-02 20_38_57-Edit Script [C__Users_Katarzyna_Desktop_maxday.qvw_].png

Not applicable
Author

I have taken out max day business,but i dont know how to show the trend for it ,for all fiscal months.

As when i do put it in trend line chart it shows the max day business and i need ,max day business for all fiscal months.

Please help!!!

Thanks for replying

maxgro
MVP
MVP

PFA

Not applicable
Author

It is surely helpful my frn

But i am here talking to max day on which business has occur,it can be any day of the month and not the month end day.

for eg,

If today is fifth then the line chart should show 31 for the previous month and for the current month it should show 5th as till 5th business is done and likewise the next day it should show 31st for previous month and 6th for current month.

This is what i need.

we cant take monthend here.i need smthn like max day in the month for my [Work date].

hope we can make flag like u made it for monthend.

Please help !!

maxgro
MVP
MVP

the month end I used is calculated from the fact table (Transactions)

If today (May, 3rd) the fact table has data till today, this month monthend is today, not  the 30 or 31

ie, if you change the first line of my test data load in

Transactions:

Load

date(RangeMin(date(makedate(2015) + floor(rand()*365)),Today())) as Date,

the chart is

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Hey Massimo,

I have attached my file in the original post ,Please help as i tried to use your code too but it doesnot work.

I have months from april 2014 to april 2015, and till MARCH i have data on month end date only.

but for APRIL 2015 i have data for most of the days (like for 1st ,5th, 6th..and so on till 23rd APRIL.)

so i want a bar chart where i can get all months with month end date and 23rd april for april.

Thanks for helping.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you have data after 23/04/2015 (reporting date on 30/04/2015), so I added a filter in the attachment (to try,put it in the same folder as test.qvw)

Not applicable
Author

Hey thanks for your help Massimo.

Its working now.

Thanks a ton.Without your help it was not possible for me.

hey please remove this test QVW as its having business data in it.

Thanks