1)If you got one common field your tables will be join by QS.
You can use combination of join's or concatenate
2) you will put the SQL code in the same place that other part of your scripting.
Could you give an example of the things you are struggling with(screenshots)?
Thanks a ton! Robert for your help. It really helped to move to 2nd step.
I try to execute a simple SQL which has 2 tables with inner join in place but I ended up with below error,
"ODBC read failed". May I know your comments please.
Also, our project should be accessible in mobile metrics (mobile, ipad or iphone), can you tell me how do I access, if possible, please share a URL. Thanks.
Thanks Robert for your response.
I got rid of "ODBC read failed" issue. My SQL had some calculative functions, once I remove, it started working.
I am pretty new to QS and have few more questions in general, could you please clarify,
1) I created a Table visualization for my data with some filters, table columns have very wide widths. how do I adjust to have a better look & feel.
2) To above Table visualization, how do I do pivot with some other data either from static files or data mart.
3) I used 2 filters which were part of table visualization for easy access. I found few issues,
a) How do I reset the filters.
b) when I select a value 'A' in 1st filter, the other filter should automatically get filter and show the data
related to "A".
4) Finally, how do I publish the dashboard to view everything in read only format.
Apologies, If I am asking too many questions but your answers will help me greatly in moving forward. I have project deliverable in a month's time.
Once again, Thanks for sharing the mobile metrics link.
1) You can not adjust width of the columns in QS.
Maybe future version will have this functionality
2)Not sure.You can add PivotTable from the panel on the left hand side to put your data in.
You need to add the data first in your script(txt/data mart)
3)Post your application here
4)To publish your app you need or QS Server or QS Cloud - this app will be read only.
Thanks again for your points.
Regarding pivot table, I followed your instructions and able to load the data however the look & feel is very annoying. The headings of the rows columns are not aligned to column wise. See below for the screenshot for your reference. Please let me know your comments.
Importantly, I would like to know how to join the column 'A' of static file to data mart table column 'A' and show the matched rows data in one row in pivot table. If possible, please provide a step by step instructions.
Thank you so very much for your support.