Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error:nprinting access violation at address 01B526B4 in module 'nprinting.exe'?

Hi,

Can Anyone tell me what is the issue then how to solve this?

I am unable to connect my qlikview file.

thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

To learn about access violation messages in greater detail please view the following presentation at the link below:

Configuring and Troubleshooting your NPrinting Implementation

Also check below as well:

The error Access Violation can occur if there is a permissions problem or in some cases, a simple reboot of the server will resolve the issue.

This error could indicate that:

1. The server  where the QVW's are stored needs to be rebooted

2. The QVW is protected by section access. If yes, please use section access credentials in the NPrinting source connection when section access is contained in the QVW.

Please, have a look at this article:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-13553

3. The path to the QVP connection is invalid. Open the QVW using the NPrinting service account to test this. If the QVW cannot be opened, then there is a permissions problem with the NPrinting Server service account

See Troubleshooting the NPrinting server service and service account

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8447

4. The QlikView document you are connecting to is showing a message or cannot be opened because of a license issue.

You can check this connecting to the QlikView document as the NPrinting user following this process:

i. Open the QlikView installation folder (normally it is C:\Program Files\QlikView)

ii. Click on Shift and right click on the Qv.exe file

iii. Choose "Run as a different user" in the window that opens

iv. Enter the NPrinting user Id and password.

v. Open the QlikView document.

Is QlikView showing any error message? Please, send us a screenshot.

5. The QV Desktop where the QVWs are stored needs needs to be repaired or reinstalled

6. Another process is closing or locking the QVW during the execution of an automated schedule. Check QV server and other potential external tasks and processes that might be locking the QVW.

7. Check that your report template,qvw and nsq are NOT blocked. Right-click separately on each these files.  Choose 'Properties' from the context menu. Select the 'General' tab. In the security section at the bottom, click 'Unblock'.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

To learn about access violation messages in greater detail please view the following presentation at the link below:

Configuring and Troubleshooting your NPrinting Implementation

Also check below as well:

The error Access Violation can occur if there is a permissions problem or in some cases, a simple reboot of the server will resolve the issue.

This error could indicate that:

1. The server  where the QVW's are stored needs to be rebooted

2. The QVW is protected by section access. If yes, please use section access credentials in the NPrinting source connection when section access is contained in the QVW.

Please, have a look at this article:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-13553

3. The path to the QVP connection is invalid. Open the QVW using the NPrinting service account to test this. If the QVW cannot be opened, then there is a permissions problem with the NPrinting Server service account

See Troubleshooting the NPrinting server service and service account

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8447

4. The QlikView document you are connecting to is showing a message or cannot be opened because of a license issue.

You can check this connecting to the QlikView document as the NPrinting user following this process:

i. Open the QlikView installation folder (normally it is C:\Program Files\QlikView)

ii. Click on Shift and right click on the Qv.exe file

iii. Choose "Run as a different user" in the window that opens

iv. Enter the NPrinting user Id and password.

v. Open the QlikView document.

Is QlikView showing any error message? Please, send us a screenshot.

5. The QV Desktop where the QVWs are stored needs needs to be repaired or reinstalled

6. Another process is closing or locking the QVW during the execution of an automated schedule. Check QV server and other potential external tasks and processes that might be locking the QVW.

7. Check that your report template,qvw and nsq are NOT blocked. Right-click separately on each these files.  Choose 'Properties' from the context menu. Select the 'General' tab. In the security section at the bottom, click 'Unblock'.

avinashelite

Restart your NPriting  and Qlikview this  should solve your problem ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephen,

Excellent summary of the troubleshooting process.   I don't get too many access violations errors.  However, it is not unusual for me to "unintentionally" create opportunities for Nprinting errors by doing one of the following things:

• If you developing on your Nprinting Client and you close the Qlikview session created by Nprinting, you will likely get an error, especially when trying to save your report.
  • If you open a second version of the same QVW file, make a change and save it, you will likely get an error.  ( You can run as many instances of QV that you want by right clicking on your QV.EXE and run a new session )
  • I also get errors if I have a copy of Office open ( say PowerPoint ) and I am creating a PPT report template.  When I run a preview and the report renders, if I close PowerPoint it also seems to close it for the template and I get an error when I go to save my report in Nprinting.

In all of these scenarios, I just restart my computer and go back and continue working.  I will say that I save early and often when working in Nprinting and several times per day I make backup copies of my files.  It would be nice if Nprinting supported source control.

To this, my best practice is to do a 3 step save every time I make a change to my template and before I attempt to render the preview.   Save Template, Save Report and Save NSQ.  It take 5 seconds to do this, but it can save you a lot of time if you get one of these access violation errors.

Hope this feedback helps someone avoid some of these issues.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Great points, Mike. I cannot stress enough how important it is to continually save your templates, reports and projects as you develop.

We do have source control on our roadmap so we recognize the need for this.