You can export projects into zip files starting from QlikView NPrinting 22.214.171.124. In QlikView NPrinting
Designer 126.96.36.199 or higher, you can import templates from exported zip files.
To export a compressed interchange file, do the following:
1. In a QlikView NPrinting Designer version lower than 188.8.131.52, open the project (.nsq file) that you
want to export
2. Click the Tools tab.
3. Click Export Project in the Tools group.
4. Select the file name and the destination where to save it by typing them or by using the dots on the
5. Click OK to start the export.
To import templates, do the following:
1. Create a new report in QlikView NPrinting 184.108.40.206 or higher.
2. Click Edit template to open the Template Editor.
3. Click Import Report.
4. Navigate your folders until you find the compressed interchange file.
5. Select the file and click Open.
6. Select the report you want to import from the list.
7. Click OK to confirm.
The report template will be imported and necessary QlikView objects will be added to the tree view.
Hi jkillian we had the same problem earlier in the year, I'm not sure if it is fixed yet, but for the time being what we did was to import the Template directly into the NPrinting Designer, and then re-add the individual report items into the report definition.
Not a pretty solution, but it works.
Nprinting 17 November release
I've noticed that it probably doesn't have anything with the installed Nprinting version if you're able to import your reports or not but the version the report was CREATED in.
I'm running Nprinting 16.6 and exported/imported everything as instructed in the guide above and stumbled on the same error message. However, when I created a new report in Nprinting 16.6 I was able to import that one with no issues at all. As already mentioned above I also had to manually create a new report and add the objects all over again using my old template as a guide. I can't find anything regarding this in any guides or forum threads so I don't know if it will be fixed in later releases.
I've noticed that you need the source data to be exactly the same for it to work as well. For example, if you built your template on a qvw and now want to import the template and have another connection with that np17-report it will not work. Make sure you're using the same app for both connections without any missing objects.
Hope this will help you