Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III

Which chart type is this and are there examples how to create one

I started creating such type of graph and it could use some improvement.

But I don't know the name 🙂

And are there examples on the community.

update: it doesn't matter if there are 2 or 3 types of graph. The main focus is that one graph has all the history and the chart above zooms into the selected area of the chart below.

in this example the lower graph selects 1 year and in the graph above you see more details.

update 2: closest thing I could find was "zoom chart"

stock-market.png

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That is a panel chart composed of one line chart, one bar chart and one area chart. In Qlikview you need to create either three separate charts or create an extension object that can do that. It's probably possible with an extension using the D3.js and/or NVD3 javascript libraries.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Kushal_Chawda

may be this

Bollinger Bands

kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III
Author

With panel chart you mean 2 or more graphs next to each other? If I google it I don't get the expected result. It's too generic.

Doesn't it have an other name then panel chart?

I made something in QV but it still needs some perfection. But if I don't know the name I can't search for better examples.

chart.JPG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I'm not mistaken, this is how Qlik Sense lets you navigate through wide line/bar charts by default. Unfortunately with just two panels, not three.

Kushal_Chawda

Try searching Bump charts