So if I understood correctly you're telling me to go to the server. In my case would be using Enterprise Management Console and there:
System/Setup/Command Center/Qlikview Servers/(the correponding server)/Performance
And in this tab setting the 'Export' value in the Max Memory section. However, according to the reference manual: "The Export setting specifies the memory allocation that QlikView server may temporarily use when exporting data. Setting this value too high may cause the server to run out of memory."
So it's not a limit for the data you export, but a limit for the server memory resources when exporting, no? Anyway, I've tried before and it didn't work...
But thanks! :)
For the chart that can be downloaded to Excel we place a calcualtion condition limiting the number of rows the chart can show. This forces the user to apply some filtering before the chart will dispay.
Chart -> Properties -> General -> Calculation Condition
Count (keyfield) < excelrowlimit
Of course this fundamentally limits tha actual that chart in QlikView rather than just the Excel export. But it might be an option.
I have run into the exact same issue, and I used a work around.
I have a macro that checks for the number of records and only if they are lower then X sends to excel.
If the number of records is too large a MsgBox pops up for the user.
I have removed the send to excel icon from the table and placed a small button with XL as description that triggers the macro.
That way the user can see everything - but unless he limits the record number he is unable to export
Here is the SUB
SET chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("POLICIES")
SET p = chart.GetProperties
SET v = ActiveDocument.Variables("vPolicy_Count")
IF v.GetContent.String > 20000 THEN
MsgBox("Please Limit Export to 20,000 Records")
END SUBHave fun !!Etay Elazar
That should work. I'll ask you if I have any problems.
I would have prefered not to use macros, but in this case it seems the only option.
Thank you Etay! :D
Edit: FYI, although it's logic, it should be pointed out that the macro works even if the option 'Allow Export' in 'Document Properties/Security' its disabled.