Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrizia_gesual
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Service Release or Feature Release for Qlik Sense installation?

Hello to everybody,

I have istalled Qlik Sense enterprise for the first time. I have istalled the last Service Release (2.0.9) but i don't find how create or manage variables.  Is not included this possibility?

I have to install exclusively Feature Release 2.1 for use variables?  If yes, I have to uninstall Service Release and do all istallation from beginnin?

Thanks very much.

Patrizia

3 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Patrizia,

You should be able at least to work with variables in the data load editor using SET/LET. Have a look here 

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.0/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/work-with-variables-in-data-lo...

In case of version upgrade between service and feature release, you should uninstall previous version before install the new one. Do not forgot to manually delete the former certificates and the Qlik directory in C:\ProgramData

Hope this help

patrizia_gesual
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you Vincenzo.

Only 3 question:

1) do you know if a service update is expected for using variable with interface?

2) It's better to install a feature release instead of service release?

3) For each new feature release i have to uninstall and install the new one or it's necessary to update with the new one?

Thanks very much.

Patrizia

Vincenzo_Esposito

Patrizia,

Feature release includes all new available features whereas service release include only bug fixing between minor versions. Here you can find a more detailed doc

http://global.qlik.com/~/media/Files/info/license-terms-additional/Qlik-Sense-Release-Management-Pol...

Avoiding to include all the last feature in the service release, they are at least in theory more stable. So it's really up to you which track better fit your needs.

You can just update service release between different versions.