Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Governance Dashboard

Hi,

I have installed QlikView Governance Dashboard but not sure where to open it from. couldn't find any info in the QlikView® Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 – Release notes.

Should I restart my server for this ? Kindly help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Governance Dashboard is a QlikView document that collects information from a variety of places, processes the data & numbers and tries to display the results in a series of comprehensive sheets and objects. The source of all of this is usually a QlikView Server installation. So the best place to display a GD is in the AccessPoint.

A simple approach:

• Drop the GD QVW in your documents folder
  • Configure the GD by opening the document in QV Desktop and filling in the details or create a configuration file as shown on the Config sheet.
  • In QMC, create a reload task (e.g. every day at midnight) that publishes the GD to the QV Administrators and whoever might be interested in this kind of feedback (e.g. Developers)
  • Perform a manual reload in the QMC to get started
  • Check the GD in your AccessPoint.

If you will be using the Governance Dashboard in a development environment, use QV Desktop to reload and display.

YMMV

Peter

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vikasmahajan

pfa

vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Governance Dashboard is a QlikView document that collects information from a variety of places, processes the data & numbers and tries to display the results in a series of comprehensive sheets and objects. The source of all of this is usually a QlikView Server installation. So the best place to display a GD is in the AccessPoint.

A simple approach:

• Drop the GD QVW in your documents folder
  • Configure the GD by opening the document in QV Desktop and filling in the details or create a configuration file as shown on the Config sheet.
  • In QMC, create a reload task (e.g. every day at midnight) that publishes the GD to the QV Administrators and whoever might be interested in this kind of feedback (e.g. Developers)
  • Perform a manual reload in the QMC to get started
  • Check the GD in your AccessPoint.

If you will be using the Governance Dashboard in a development environment, use QV Desktop to reload and display.

YMMV

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I have downloaded Governance Dashboard from QlikView support>Downloads.

it is a .exe file. when I double clicked it, it took me through the wizard.

I did not get a QVW from the QV support website !!!

GD.JPG

SD2.JPG

is this different from Governance Dashboard ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That looks like an old and very complex edition of the Governance Dashboard. You should look for v2.0.1 which is a single QVW. It should be available from the same location as the other one (Customer Downloads). Or you can use the document Vikas posted earlier on. Although in that case you won't have access to the release notes.

Best,

Peter

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

You can get the latest 2.0.1 Governance Dashboard either from market.qlik.com or from the main qlikview download site.

It will be in the form of a .qvw

The .exe is from the 1.x versions which required installation.

wenkew186
Creator
Creator

hi guys,

Is the script encrypt? I want know some logic about this dashboard. like what's  the about

the Cardinality%? how to get the data and how to calculate?

for our dashboard there some number is too high, so we want make some optimized.  how should I do?

thank you very much!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The main part of the script (almost all of it actually) is stored in a Hidden Script to avoid any inadvertent changes. A hidden script is always password-protected. The password is listed in the comment block on the Main (regular) script tab.

I would advise to be careful with the hidden script. This is a reasonably complex tool. Also if you make any changes, do not distribute the resulting document as it will be nog longer a standard Governance Dashboard.

Peter

silambarasan
Creator II
Creator II

Could you please upload Qlikview GD exe file?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

You can find it on Qlik Market or on the main Qlik software download site. (Sign in on qlik.com first)

Please go there for the latest version (otherwise as soon as I post something it may become out-of-date).

Thanks!