The issue is Qlik Sense 3.0 needs network connectivity to run , No matter it is Intranet or Internet.So,
What we need to do , Create a Loop Back Adapter which makes Qlik Sense 3.0 always connect to network no matter you are in any network or not , But Qlik Sense 3.0 will work fine.
Steps are below to create Loop Back Adapter:
Run => write command hdwwiz => advanced => Network Adapter => Microsoft => MS KM TST Loop Back Adapter => Next and Done.
Qlik Sense will work always with network or without network
Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.
I had a similar issue when I upgraded to 3.0 in July. Installing the 3.0.2 service release fixed my problem. The problem is related to the internet connectivity. At work I'm fine. At home I'm usually fine until the internet connection become saturated and then I experience this issue. If you are also trying to use the software offline it is an issue as well. As I said the 3.0.2 seem to fix my issues allowing me to work offline or in poor internet connectivity situations.
I tried the 3.1 upgrade as an experiment and I'm experiencing the same issue as you have and for me the loop back didn't resolve the issue (maybe I didn't do something correctly in the installing the loop back). However, uninstalling 3.1 and installing service release 3.0.3 does get it working. You won't have the features from feature release 3.1 but you do get the features of 3.0 release and you are able to continue using your desktop version.
After a bit more digging in the forums I note that someone with almost identical symptoms was able to fix their issue by downgrading to .NET 4.5.2, and stated that 4.6.1 is not supported.
Having tried it with both 4.6.1 (default for Win 10 v1511 - and v18.104.22.168 worked with this) and 4.6.2 (default for Win10 anniversary edition), I still cannot get v3.1 working.
.NET 4.5.2 is not listed by MS as compatible with Win10.
Is this a known problem that Qlik are working on, or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Hi lain ,
I don't think version of .net framework have any issue . It can happen by your user account or your exe file has been broken . Try to do fresh download an try a clean install. Sometimes registry file gets broken. Please be sure you are not upgrading Qlik sense if yes there are some things need to take care . Better is do a fresh installation.
My boss has identified the solution.
In the configuration file C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\services.conf
Change the line:
To an absolute path (i.e. LogPath="C:\Users\JoeBloggs\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log")
Qlik sense 3.1 then functions correctly for us.
Always nice to be able to help someone else - particularly after bashing my head on the desk for so long .
In our case the environmental variables Homedrive and Homepath resolve to the root of our network share, which users have no permissions on, hence the problem when Qliksense tries to create the logging directories.
Useful to know that we can use the UNC path if we decide to move the logs. Thanks.