4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2017 5:41 PM by Becky Dunsmoor RSS

Generate the cache for an app?

Becky Dunsmoor

When I try to edit the template for a report from Qlik NPrinting Designer (NPrinting 17.1), I get the following error message: You must generate the cache for the app 'TEST APP' before editing the report template.  This seems to be different from generating the metadata (cache) for a connection.  If fact, I succesfully refreshed the metadata (cache) for the connection, but it didn't resolve the issue.  I still cannot edit the report template.  I have been able to edit this report template previously, but today I'm getting the error message.
      My question is:  How do I generate the cache for an app?

• Re: Generate the cache for an app?

Hi Becky,

Please see image below on how to generate and check cache status for an app.

Step1.png

step2.png

• Re: Generate the cache for an app?
            Becky Dunsmoor

We discovered that this error occurs when there is a problem with any Connection in an App.  For example, if I have 4 Connections in my Operations App, but one of them has a Connection error, I won't be able to edit any report templates in the Operations App until the error is resolved.     (See example below)

Connections

NameAppConnection StatusCache StatusLast Cache Update
            Sales ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016  9:17:00 AM
            Cust Svc ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016  9:19:00 AM
            Info Tech ConnectionOperations AppNo engines are working

Error

Request has been

purged due to

connections errors

-
            HR ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016 9:19:00 AM

Until the error is resolved for the Info Tech Connection, I won't be able to edit any report templates in the Operations App.