Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense Desktop blank screen, error 500

I'm having a problem with QS Desktop 3.1 SR1, running on win7 64: it shows a white screen and accessing the chromium devTools console there's a 500 internal server error when trying a GET request at url http://localhost:9070/api/hub/v0/privileges?cachebust=lotsofnumbershere I have tried:

• changing the log path in the config file
  • reinstalling qliksense
  • disabling Security Essentials
  • I have no proxy configured

all to no avail. I've used QS a few days ago without any issues. The only difference is that I have installed Connectify, but I tried closing the program and the issue persists - and btw a colleague of mine has the exact same issue while not using Connectify at all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Found it:

Qlik Sense 3.1 Service Release 3 now available, Information on Sense Desktop 3.1.1 expiry

'Please also note that Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1.1 and 3.1.0 users should upgrade to Desktop 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 prior to 31 December 2016.  Sense Desktop has a built in expiry date and 3.1.1 and 3.1.0 will expire at the end of 2016 . '

Works for me: upgrade to SR3!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Same error: empty, blank screen on opening QS App 3.1.

Same OS:  Win7, 64 bit.

NO changes on client machine were done.

QS just stopped working.

Same error:

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

http://localhost:9070/api/hub/v0/privileges?cachebust=1483380285688

privileges?cachebust=1483380568299

500 type= xhr require.js:23324

"

I am using this log (inside the app):

Press Ctrl+Shift+Mouse Right Click to load the hidden menu.

Choose the option ‘Show DevTools’.

Alexei Akimov

Not applicable
Author

Try this:

Change configuration file => C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\services.conf

Line:

LogPath="${HOMEDRIVE}${HOMEPATH}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log"

To an absolute path (i.e. LogPath="C:\Users\Rik\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log")

Not applicable
Author

I'm having the same exact issue. Tried a complete re-install as well as Rik Zuidhof's suggestion and both did not fix.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Rik, but if you read my post carefully, you'll notice that I tried that already with no luck

Not applicable
Author

Found it:

Qlik Sense 3.1 Service Release 3 now available, Information on Sense Desktop 3.1.1 expiry

'Please also note that Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1.1 and 3.1.0 users should upgrade to Desktop 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 prior to 31 December 2016.  Sense Desktop has a built in expiry date and 3.1.1 and 3.1.0 will expire at the end of 2016 . '

Works for me: upgrade to SR3!

Not applicable
Author

For me, the problem was that QS Desktop versions have an expiry date. I discovered by chance that we have to upgrade to at least 3.1 SR2, it's explained in this release notes post.

Not applicable
Author

We must have posted at the same time ahah! Glad it worked for you too. I noticed that in the devtools there was also a js error when trying to show an alert.. Most probably the alert would have informed us that our QS version had expired

Not applicable
Author

Status update:

(RE)installed QlikSense V.3.1 *** SR4 ***

It WORKED (app is opening now).

Thank you for prompting into correct direction.

What I expected to see (from a correctly written APP):

"You version xxx has expired. Install the latest version".

What I saw: Blank screen.

In debug console: error 500. Could not find resource (see my previous email in this thread).

Does the business Analyst and QA Analyst who has, undboutedly tested this (a very straight forward functionality), think they are professionals?

The management thinks (after errors on such trivial level) that this is a Enterprise level ROBUST and user friendly Application?

thank you,

Alexei Akimov