26 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2017 2:57 AM by Narender Makhija RSS

Trigger is not working in Nprinting 17

Narender Makhija

Hello All,

I have set job, task, trigger, user etc in Nprinting . After applying trigger , I am not getting an email.So how can I check whether a email is working or not

Can I run Nprinting job manually rather than trigger or send some test email ??.

Thanks,

Narender

• Re: Trigger is not working in Nprinting 17
          Andy Weir

Check the logs file for more detail about what's happening when you run your published task.

Logs located in c:\programdata\nprinting\logs

You can run jobs by trigger or on demand from your published tasks screen.  select the job and click run now then check the log file.

Narender Makhija

I checked the log file.

Nprinting log file message is:

17-04-19 02:06:04,466 [49] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.ContentRequestDispatcher - Notifying load balancer of content request.

It is not showing any issue.

Actually i am not able to send email.

Port 587 not working in my server even i have open this port in inbound as well as in outbound firewall rules.

Thanks

Narender

Andy Weir

Is that the engine log?  If you look in the scheduler log you will see more detail of NPrinting trying to execute your published task.

On the email troubleshooting front ive not used GMAIL to send from NPrinting before but might you need to open up the port traffic on your router not just the server?

set the SMTP server to smtp.gmail.com.

Set the your username is yourgooglemailname@gmail.com and make sure "username and password" is complteted check off "TLS" under "Use secure connection."

Port is 587 for SMTP traffic

Regards

Andy

Narender Makhija

Thanks Andy for your reply.

This is the Nprinting scheduler log"

2017-04-19 04:20:37,162 [10] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.ContentRequestDispatcher - Notifying load balancer of content request

2017-04-19 04:20:38,885 [EasyNetQ consumer dispatch thread] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.ReportPublishingService - Send e-mail for bucket 85e95c0b-1497-4657-8427-892815fec273.

Please tell me what ahould i do as i dont get ant email while job is running.

Thanks

Narender Makhija

On the email troubleshooting front ive not used GMAIL to send from NPrinting before but might you need to open up the port traffic on your router not just the server?

Your mean 587 port  in my router for smtp.gmail.com?            

Andy Weir

Looks like you need to modify your GMAIL account to allow another App in this case NPrinting to send from it.

Nprinting, email settings SMTP error. | Qlik Community

Hope this helps

Andy

Narender Makhija

Hi Andy,

I tried as you mentioned but still no success.

Please clarify about 587 port ?

Should we allow it from router ?

Or there is any other issue?

Andy Weir

So you have allowed the less secured app to access your Gmail.

Have you tried the secured option

Port 465 and Use TLS Ticked?

I dont think you need to do anything router wise.

Regards

Andy

Narender Makhija

Yes, I allowed less secure app.

Yes with 465 as well as with 587 with TLS ticked.

But these are not working.

Thanks,

Any other option?

Andy Weir

Not that I can think of.

Is the log files giving you a different mesage now?

If not I think you need to raise a support ticket.

Regards

Andy

Narender Makhija

Same message in log file.

in below link. I found a bug in Nprinting 17. I have 17.0.2 version. I think i need to install Nprinting 16 version?

If yes then how I can download the Version 16 or nprinting 17.2 version?

How to send e-mail using NPrinting 17.1

Andy Weir

I would recomend if you are going to perserve with 17.X that you upgrade to the latest version 17.3 the older version of 17 has alot of issues in it.

They made alot of bug and performance fixes in that release although far from perfect It allowed me to move on.

Regards

Andy

Narender Makhija

Thank you Andy.

So I have to contact with Qlikview partner for an upgrade or there is any public link to upgrade?

Andy Weir

If you login to the support portal there is a downloads section where you can get the latest version and release notes to guide you through the process.

Narender Makhija

I tried to log in with the same credential of Qlikview community but my credentials are not working in Support portal . Should I have to create a new account in Support portal?

Andy Weir

i think you do need to register them seperastely but they can be linked.

Narender Makhija

Hi Andy,

Qlikview support team suggested me to use 17.3.1 version of Nprinting.

So i am using the version 17.3.1 but still i am facing the same issue.I am not able to send email.

Please see my log files. !

Andy Weir

It says in your scheduler log that your STMP configuration is null.

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo    17.3.1.0    Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ReportPublishingService    20170505T044454.906-06:00    ERROR    AGUATECA    Nprinting Task Identity    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    Unable to send e-mail for bucket a6c7cf2c-a9e6-4c06-b58d-768dfa2a78d4 because the smtp configuration is null

What do you currently have in your E-mail settings screen?

Narender Makhija

Hi Andy,

Nprintng logs are not clear In the previous reply So I have written here.

Schedular log:

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo        17.3.1.0                Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ReportPublishingService    20170508T000804.501-06:00                ERROR  AGUATECA        Nprinting Task Identity  0              0              0              0              0              0              0              0                Failed to send e-mail for bucket d0a0465f-1043-48e9-84af-9a377bf3af46.              Failure sending mail.                ↓=============↓      _printStack↓      Error↓      MoveNext↓      RunInternal↓      Run↓      Run↓ RunOrScheduleAction↓      FinishContinuations↓      Finish↓      TrySetException↓      TrySetException↓      HandleCompletion↓      OnSendCompleted↓      RunInternal↓      Run↓ System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem↓      Dispatch↓=============

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo        17.3.1.0                Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ReportPublishingService    20170508T000852.374-06:00                ERROR  AGUATECA        Nprinting Task Identity  0              0              0              0              0              0              0              0                Failed to send e-mail for bucket d7554c6e-19c5-4754-bbe3-2bcaa5390c14.            Failure sending mail.                ↓=============↓      _printStack↓      Error↓      MoveNext↓      RunInternal↓      Run↓      Run↓ RunOrScheduleAction↓      FinishContinuations↓      Finish↓      TrySetException↓      TrySetException↓      HandleCompletion↓      OnSendCompleted↓      RunInternal↓      Run↓ System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem↓      Dispatch↓=============

WebEngine Log:

Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine          17.3.1.0              

Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine            20170507T234458.838-06:00        INFO      AGUATECA                        0              0              0                0              0              0              0              0              Engine server listening on http://localhost:4996/                            

Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine            20170507T234458.840-06:00        INFO      AGUATECA                        0              0              0                0              0              0              0              0              The service is ready at localhost:4996                    

Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine            20170507T234827.240-06:00        ERROR  AGUATECA                        0              0              0                0              0              0              0              0              proxy: 2017/05/07 23:48:27 server.go:2317: http: TLS handshake error from [::1]:49352: EOF                              

Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine            20170507T234832.887-06:00        ERROR  AGUATECA                        0              0              0                0              0              0              0              0              proxy: 2017/05/07 23:48:32 server.go:2317: http: TLS handshake error from [::1]:49353: EOF        

Thanks,                    

Narender Makhija

Hi Andy,

You are right. I didn't give email credential in email setup page in Nprinting.

Now I have provided the credential but still facing the same issue.

Nprinting Schedular Log -

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo17.3.1.0Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ReportPublishingService20170508T000852.374-06:00ERRORAGUATECANprinting Task Identity00000000Failed to send e-mail for bucket d7554c6e-19c5-4754-bbe3-2bcaa5390c14.Failure sending mail.↵↓=============↵↓      _printStack↵↓      Error↵↓      MoveNext↵↓      RunInternal↵↓      Run↵↓      Run↵↓      RunOrScheduleAction↵↓      FinishContinuations↵↓      Finish↵↓      TrySetException↵↓      TrySetException↵↓      HandleCompletion↵↓      OnSendCompleted↵↓      RunInternal↵↓      Run↵↓  

Web Engine Log:

Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine17.3.1.0Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine20170507T234458.838-06:00INFOAGUATECA00000000Engine server listening on http://localhost:4996/
                                                Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine17.3.1.0Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine20170507T234458.840-06:00INFOAGUATECA00000000The service is ready at localhost:4996
                                                Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine17.3.1.0Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine20170507T234827.240-06:00ERRORAGUATECA00000000proxy: 2017/05/07 23:48:27 server.go:2317: http: TLS handshake error from [::1]:49352: EOF
                                                Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine17.3.1.0Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Engine20170507T234832.887-06:00ERRORAGUATECA00000000proxy: 2017/05/07 23:48:32 server.go:2317: http: TLS handshake error from [::1]:49353: EOF

Please see the email setting in email setup page.

Email_setting.jpg

Thanks,