Hi Kris - I havent reach any limits yet - and i used NPrinitng for 5-6 years already. Version 17 for about 2 years ( i have tested it when it was called NPrinting Opera and was still Vizubi product). I was able to connect to apps as big as 500 MB and above.
As a good practice however i always strip my QVW files to ABSOLUTE MINIMUM when used with NPrinting. this means:
- I remove ALL unused fields/columns
- I remove ALL unused variables and remove all variables which have to be precalculated after every click - like the ones which start with "=" sign!. Obviously if need some of them because there is no other option to get my app working then i keep them.
- I remove ALL unused expressions (especialy those which need to be calculated even if the object is hidden or minimized, which are caption expressions, Conditional hide/show calculations.. label calculation if not necessary or unused)
- I remove ALL unused Front-End objects
- everything what is not used!!!!
The reason i do this is because NPrinting is just an another user who will be using QlikVIew like other people do. This means it will apply selections and all calculations which QlikView has to do will have to be calculated on server, then will be cached etc..
Smaller and faster QVW means your NPrinitng will navigate through QQlikView document faster.
Also this means that when you generate connection you do not create rubbish metadata in NPrinitng repositopry but only used items are going there - that makes "generate metadata" prcess also much faster.
It is very important to optimise also all expression and make sure datamodel is at its best in terms of performance.
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.