6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2017 5:30 AM by Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce RSS

Get Automatic License from QlikView Access Point

Yislam Assady

Hi Everyone,

I've QlikView Server, sometimes when I want to generate a report via Qlik Nprinting it cannot connection to dashboard.qvw.

The problem is application QV already be Personal Desktop.

So my question is how Qlikview Server get a license from my QlikView Named User CAL automatically?.

I know how to get it by manual in File>From URL.

Thanks For your answer

• Re: Get Automatic License from QlikView Access Point
          Peter Cammaert

The QlikView Desktop that is installed on your NPrinting machine should automatically refresh the license lease, it it has been properly configured (i.e. the NPrinting account has been assigned a Named CAL from the QVS and has been leased at least once using File->Open in server...) and it is still connected to the network and to the QlikView server.

What release of NPrinting are you using?

• Re: Get Automatic License from QlikView Access Point
            Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

In addition to what Peter mentions, you can add the URL of one of the nodes (in the case of a cluster) or the server (if it is a single server installation) in

QlikView Desktop > Settings > User Preferences > Locations > Default License Lease Server (URL)

In the form qvp://servername or qvp://serverIP

This must be done logging in Windows as the account that runs NPrinting services, because this configuration is kept for the user.

This way, every time NPrinting opens QlikView Desktop it will take the leased license from the server specified without any additional manual work.

Also, make sure the license for the NPrinting user is assigned manually to this user, and not dynamically. You can check this in the QMC > System > Licenses > QlikView Server > Assigned CALs > click on the icon with the two people on the right > and add the user manually there.