cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Nprint Pivot table formatting issue

I have created a pivot table in QVW and then using Nprint to export the table (by keeping source format). but the format is not the same as shown in qvw. the main issue is that in the qvw i have made the grid line disappeared but in the export file, the grid line is shown.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yep  - i found a solution!!!

It must be something more than what we can access via "Custom format cell". So what i noticed is that if you go to your Pivot Table--> Properties --> Styles and change your style to "Clean" and after that alter your Pivot table headers with "custom format cell" your output will have no gridlines at all.

interesting - but it works!

If it works for you than if possible please change CORRECT answer to this one.

1.png

cheers

Lech

below results

2.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did you uncheck the keep source format option for that table or not?

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

no, I use keep source format as I want to keep the format I have done on qvw

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try to uncheck and do preview once .

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

unchecked will have no format at all which is not what I want

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can us hare some screen shots which is currently there [before uncheck ] and which is your expectation?

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In the attached app, for pivot table "Data". there is no grid line. but when exporting to excel, the grid line will appear.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald,

technicaly grid line is there (it is just transparent as per colour settings in "Light" style). Excel does not support alpha channel for transparencies therefore you see grid and all transparencies are removed from color settings.

There are 2 things you can try:

1. untick the boxes to disable completely grid lines (as per screenshot)

2. turn on "grid view" in QlikView and use "custom format cell" and make the grid colour white ( rather than transparent) it will be there but it will be white then therefore not visible.

cheers

Lech

Capture.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Lech as always.

It makes a lot of sense now. I have tried the 2 things you mentioned. the first will make vertical grid line disappear but not the horizontal grid line

and for the 2 thing to do , I have made the grid line white as below, but when exporting to excel, the horizontal grid line still appears. did I miss anything here?

Capture.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not sure,

I think you have done everything right. I might need to test it on my environment little bit later. Right now i do not have access to QlikView and NPrinitng

will let you know if i find a right solution.

regards

Lech