8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2011 3:45 AM by Hans Torsvik RSS

set-analysis lost customers

Daniel Viklinder

Hi,

Im trying to create a set analysis expression to meassure the number of customer that was billed last month but not this month. my expression looks like this:

count({$<CLIENT_NAME={"=sum({$<Month={"*"}, Year={"*"}, [Year Week]={"*"},  [Week]={"*"}, PeriodCounter={"$(#=max(PeriodCounter))"}>} [Bill Amount])>0"}>}distinct CLIENT_NAME)

but it dosent work, does anyone have an idea how i could solve this?

BR

Daniel

• set-analysis lost customers

Hi

If You use Year={"*"} you select all of the years.... Instead you want to disregard the selections in the field.

And you wanted last months but not this months...

So I would do something like this:

count(

{

$<CLIENT_NAME={"=sum({$<Month=, Year=, [Year Week]=,  [Week]=, PeriodCounter={"$(#=max(PeriodCounter)-1)"}>} [Bill Amount])>0"}>

$<CLIENT_NAME={"=sum({$<Month=, Year=, [Year Week]=,  [Week]=, PeriodCounter={"$(#=max(PeriodCounter))"}>} [Bill Amount])=0"}>

}

distinct CLIENT_NAME)

To SETS... One for the billing last months where Bill Amount > 0 combined with one for current month where Bill Amount =0. They are combined with a Intersection, i.e. Both of the sets must be fullfilled...

BR

Hans

Daniel Viklinder

Hi

I tried that but the expression gives null:

=count({$<[Client ID]={"=sum({<PeriodCounter={"$(#=max(PeriodCounter)-1)>}[Bill Amount])>0"}*{"=sum({<PeriodCounter={"$(#=max(PeriodCounter))>}[Bill Amount])=0"}>} distinct [Client ID])

the expression

sum({<PeriodCounter={"$(#=max(PeriodCounter)-1)>}[Bill Amount])

and

sum({<PeriodCounter={"$(#=max(PeriodCounter))>}[Bill Amount])

gives the correct values but when i combine then the result is null, do i need to do an aggr or something like that?

BR

Daniel

Hi,

I would go for the Set-Analysis...

Where do you use the expression? Graph? Textbox? If Graph, what dimensions...

Yours expression, do they work? I miss a second " in the expressions.

Do you have an example of your qvw?

Everything you write in ={"..."} should work in the searchbox af al list field.

So if you use =sum({<PeriodCounter={$(#=max(PeriodCounter)-1)>}[Bill Amount])>0 and sum({<PeriodCounter={$(#=max(PeriodCounter))>}[Bill Amount]) = 0 as a search filter in the ClientId listbox.

It should work to use the same expression in a Set analysis statement.

count({1<[Client ID]={"sum({1<PeriodCounter={$(#=max(PeriodCounter)-1)>}[Bill Amount])>0 and sum({1<PeriodCounter={$(#=max(PeriodCounter))>}[Bill Amount]) = 0"}>} distinct [Client ID])

BR

Hans