Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III

Is the below scenario a security breach of qlik sense?

I am able create a connection between qlik sense app and qlik nprinting app by importing it to QMC (where the app is not published,  just imported in qmc) . How can a nprinting user access a qlik sense app that is yet to be published?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Thats not true - If the user used in connection is not a root admin it will not be able to read from work stream - unless document was created by this user!!!

Since you are using service account which has RootAdmin privilages it can read all documents on QS server

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't see a problem.

Since you are adding NPrinting service account as a root admin in QMC console (this is the requirement) you are automatically making it available for NPrinting.

Since NPrinitng is not tapping Qlik Sense through HUB it has an access to all documents.

On the other hand - what user did you put through in your NPrinting connection? Did you use NPrinitng Service account? 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Lech,

Yes currently i tried it out with NPrinting service account. But this scenario will be the same if i don't use nprinting service account. I'll try it out. If there is an answer it for please let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Baarathi

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Thats not true - If the user used in connection is not a root admin it will not be able to read from work stream - unless document was created by this user!!!

Since you are using service account which has RootAdmin privilages it can read all documents on QS server

1.png

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank You Lech.