Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mouse hover in scatter chart

Is it possible to add more details in a scatter chart for mouse hover? please see attached image.. by default, mouse hover shows dimension and expression values. I need to add more details such as average, etc.

Tried with dual function, but that did not work (still shows default values) Can someone provide suggestions please.. thanks!

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you can add more details by adding addtional expressions. In a scatter chart, expressions 1 and 2 are the dimensions, expression 3 is the bubble size (if using that style). Expression 4 and subsequent expressions can be used to provide additional lines for the hover popup. Nothing will be plotted in the chart, but the expression value will appear in the popup. Note that the label value from these addtional expressions will not appear in the popup. If you want a "label", you must include it in the expression. Like:

='Net = ' & money(Revenue - COGS)

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Rob,

Beautiful! Worked perfectly.

I ended up using 4 expressions:

• expr 1: My X-axis
  • expr 2: My Y-axis
  • expr 3: the bubble size
  • expr 4: the label, using the method you describe (i.e. 'Metric = ' & <expression>)

When I included the label in the size expression, it set all the sizes the same. I guess it couldn't interpret the label as a number and gave up...

I guess in theory you could do it as one expression: num(expression, 'Metric = $#,##0.00;Metric = ($#,##0.00)'). Maybe I'll go try that now.