Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

automatically move to next sheet within interval time

how to create an automatically function to move to next sheet within interval time, eg. every 15 minutes will move to next sheet, without any click on button. 

is there anyone who can help me on this?? please...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

In the first attached file, only one tab is visible at a time (you would probably hide the tabrow in practice), and an inline table sets how many seconds should be spent on each tab.  The second file is a minor tweak that keeps all three tabs visible, and just switches tabs.  The conditional show for each tab as been removed.  Instead, we have a variable event trigger on change of the vShow variable.  It uses a pick(vShow,'SH03','SH04','SH05') to select the right tab.

Hmmm, in my old QV version at least, the second one doesn't seem to count the seconds until you "nudge" QlikView by clicking on one of the other tabs.  Strange.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

PFA. This is just a test app created with some stuff pending. The variable var1 needs to be reset to current time value somehow on the last sheet before moving to the Main sheet, I'm kindoff stuckup there. Experts kindly suggest how to reset a variables value using trigger actions at sheet or document level. The show sheet on a specific condition is utilized here. Also,currently,the value(interval time) is directly added to the minute part of timestamp, in the condition specified(proper addition using DateTime functions should be done). Just open the document and after every minute the next sheet will be shown.(Note: It works only for first loop coz of reason mentioned above). Triggers have been utilized to set the variable value.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks lawrence, for your feedback. At least giving me some idea but as you said, still struggle with the variable.

Not applicable
Author

Try something like this:

Set a variable up like this: which should be the minute times the number of seconds / 900 and if the remainder of that is zero it returns 1

=if(mod(minute(localTime()) * second(localTime()),900) = 0,1,0)

Then set up a trigger for on change for the variable you just created to run a macro that actives the next sheet, which shouldn't be too hard (although I hav no clue how to do it off the top of my head).  Note that if you do the on change trigger it's going to switch twice... so you'll have to fix that somehow.

Not sure if that will work but something like that probably will.  Note that my QV is getting errors like crazy using that probably b/c it gets the time every second... but maybe you'll have better luck.

Hopefully something I said helps b/c I'm certain my solution won't work as is.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

In the first attached file, only one tab is visible at a time (you would probably hide the tabrow in practice), and an inline table sets how many seconds should be spent on each tab.  The second file is a minor tweak that keeps all three tabs visible, and just switches tabs.  The conditional show for each tab as been removed.  Instead, we have a variable event trigger on change of the vShow variable.  It uses a pick(vShow,'SH03','SH04','SH05') to select the right tab.

Hmmm, in my old QV version at least, the second one doesn't seem to count the seconds until you "nudge" QlikView by clicking on one of the other tabs.  Strange.

Not applicable
Author

Dear John, thank you for your answer. The first file is good for me to start a "cockpit" coz we have 6 big screen for management in 1 room.

Will try to maximize your file again to suit my needs.

Not applicable
Author

Its Not working in Ajax and web layout.

Can you please help me out in this

Not applicable
Author

it's working..but using ie plugin in ie

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can we make automatically move to another sheet object in container without user interaction ?

And In my container object contains "Animate objects" are presented, now after fist animate object completes then should move to second animte object and then should move to third object, after all objects are completed then stay at first animate object.

Is this possible ? Please find the attached app.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

Not applicable
Author

All,

I'm unable to get the ajax client to auto switch the tabs. It works fine in the desktop client but the browser (Chrome, Safari, IE) does not work. If I continue to click on the page, it seems to count down and switch. Any ideas?