Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change colour of selected (active) field

Dear all,

Is it possible to change the colours of the active (selected) and passive fields in a list?

List.jpg

The colour "green" is the selected field, I would like to change this to another colour...

I can't find an option to change this colours in the properties of the field, so I think I have to use an expression?

Thanks in advance!

16 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

its not possible to change selected clour fro greeen to any other

Sunil Chauhan
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can create fake list boxes out of chart objects, which gives you a lot more control over formatting.  See attached example.

Unfortunately, it also prevents some list box features, such as control click to select multiple values.  It also takes more effort.  So I would recommend just using standard list boxes, and getting used to the green and gray.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Hope this link will be give some more idea for your problem

http://community.qlik.com/message/185582

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable
Author

If you want to use a macro, you can change the Background color of a selected field, using the following:

set up = ActiveDocument.GetApplication.GetUserPreferences

up.CustomSelBgColor(1).PrimaryCol.Col = RGB (0,0,0)

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.SetUserPreferences up

end sub

/*

indexes

0=locked

1=selected

2=optional

3=deselected

4=alternative

5=excluded

6=excluded selected

7=excluded locked

*/

Not applicable
Author

Go to Settings -> Document Properties -> Triggers

I added it to "OnOpen"

Edit Actions -> Add -> External -> Run Macro

There you have to add the name of the macro.

I just realized that I forgot the first line of the code above. It should start with

"sub [name of the macro]"

I hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

When I do everything as I described the colors in the listboxes are changed as specified.

You have to save and reopen the document, because you added the action to the trigger of opening the document.

One last thing you might have to do is go to

Settings -> Document Properties -> General -> Color Scheme and choose [Custom].

Sorry if I incorrectly presumed that you already did so, because you wanted to change the colors.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If you want your listbox selected field color depends upon your choice then you can create saparete theme for that listbox.

Regards

Ashok

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have workout for your problem in qlikview 9.0 but is there no option and no way to change the listbox active/background selected value color.

I have tried using the themes also but i cant find the favour solution for you

I hope there is no such an option in qlikview 9

Regards

Ashok

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Thanks, Susann! - regards, Edgar