Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide/show an Object with button set variable

Hi,

Can you help me?

I woul like to display and hide a chart based on a click of a button. Using the set variable option is only allowing me to display the object, but I wonder if I can hide the object with the same button, can someone advise?

Kind regards,

Jorge

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi,

Try this,

Button -  action - Set Variable ->vhide

Value:

=If(vhide = 0, 1, 0)

In chart, use vhide variable  in Layut-conditional  - show = vhide

Hope it hepls

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi,

Try this,

Button -  action - Set Variable ->vhide

Value:

=If(vhide = 0, 1, 0)

In chart, use vhide variable  in Layut-conditional  - show = vhide

Hope it hepls

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jorge,

I happened to have a very recent example on this. This is certainly possible and not very difficult, and it's very similar to what Mayil suggests.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Mayil and Miguel for your help, this is exactly what I needed.

Best regards,

Jorge

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

The example works in the above document. But when I use the same in my current application it doesn't.

What could be the issue. Is some thing related to document properties.

Thanks

Laxmikant

Not applicable
Author

Hi i am using the same variable VshowHide. i was just wondering if the show Hide can actually Say something else in the button for instance Show Yearly or Show Summary as that is basically what the button does. switch between the reports.

=if(vShowHide='Show','Hide','Show') & ' Charts'

i did change the show ,, hide to yearly and summary the button still shows and hides the charts but the button doesn't update to yearly once the summary charts are hidden

thank you in advance

Kallie

Not applicable
Author

Hello Team

I need to press button for two times to for any action. why this is happening to. kindly any one help.

Thx

Srini

Not applicable
Author

I know that this was a long time ago...

Document Properties -> Tab Security -> Uncheck "Show All Sheets and Objects".

I was getting same problem... Nothing happened when button was pressed. It works fine now!

Maybe this will help someone later...

Regards,

BS.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Bruno, there is a useful short-cut key Alt+Shift+S that shows all objects regardless of their Show Condition.  You can also get to this setting via the menu option you describe.  If you have show all selected then variable show will not work.

Regarding showing and hiding objects I have uploaded a couple of example apps that may give some ideas as to what you can do with showing and hiding objects from a button click:

QlikView App: Show and Hide Windows Dynamically

QlikView App: At The Qlik Of A Button

Hope they are of interest.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Jorge, Could you tell me if I want to do the same  with a  value present in list. Example :

List has three values power, performance , response. By clicking power, another sKu list should open, so on. In the end all these values should direct to a button and by the click of the button a new object should open up. CAn it happen please help out.