6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2012 9:07 AM by nineworks RSS

Chart Axes in QlikView

Hi all,

I'm working with some data now that requires a chart object. The chart I want to create looks like:

first graph.png

However, the data I've got is the Unit (as a Dimension) and then a calculation across each expression. The calculations which make up these expressions are 7 basic sums using Sum() (e.g. Sum(A). Putting this together gives the graph below.

second graph.png

As you can see, the axes are kind of reversed. How can I achieve my desired graph? Is it possible with QlikView? I've tried switching what I have for the expressions with the calculations, but that won't work as the dimension must be the Unit in order to perform the calculations (or so it would seem!)

Cheers

• Re: Chart Axes in QlikView

Hi,

Can you please share a piece of data on which you require this graph..
          That will be more convenient.

Thanks

Mayank

The data as in the spreadsheet/database import I'm using? I'm afraid not. Essentially, all it consists of is rows containing the Unit and a flag stating where in the clearance process the Unit is. e.g.

Unit    SubUnit    Stage 1     Stage 2     Stage 3     Stage 4     Stage 5

A           1             0                 0               1               0               0

A           2             0                 1               0               0               0

A           3             0                 1               0               0               0

B           1             0                 0               0               0               1

B           2             0                 0               0               0               1

So Unit A would have a value of 1 for Stage 3, and 2 for Stage 2. That should make sense in line with the graphs provided

whiteline _

You can't display x-axis from a set of expressons.

You could add synthetic dimension with valuelist() and then transform your expressions into one with a pick() function.

The point that you've raised about the x-ais is useful, thanks.

Can I create a table in the script of the sums, as opposed to using valuelist? Unless I'm just using valuelist() wrong, as I'm trying to do something like the below:

=ValueList(Sum(Spreadsheet.Field1),Sum(Spreadsheet.Field2),...etc)

whiteline _

Yes, you're using it in a wrong way, I think (look at help).

You should use it as Calculated dimension:

=ValueList('References sent', 'References received', ...)

And then you can use expression:

=pick(rowno(), Sum(Spreadsheet.Field1), Sum(Spreadsheet.Field2))

Of course its always possible to transform your data model in script properly.