12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 2:12 AM by Maxim Senin RSS

Conditional Queries with Data Islands

Hi,

I have 2 fact tables, Transactions and Visits, which are linked together by a field called Site ID. I'm using data islands on date and country so that I can show traffic and sales not only on the Site ID dimension, but also on the country and date dimensions:

Screen Shot 2013-01-31 at 3.39.36 PM.png

However, the conditions I'm using within qlikview  seem to be slowing performance.

For instance, to show visits and transactions together by country and date, I do the following for visits:

sum(if([Visit Date]=[Island Date] AND [Island Country]=[Visit IP Country ISO],[Visit Counter]))

To show visits and transactions together by country and date, I do the following for transactions:

sum(if([Calendar Date]=[Island Date] AND [Island Country]=[IP Country ISO],_f_OK_SIGNUP))

These queries work, but are very slow, to the point I don't think I'll be able to use them for client facing reports. Does anyone have experience with data islands and the most efficient way to use them in queries? Perhpas mine can be optimized to improve performance.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best,

Matt