The same issue happened with me few days back. I contacted the Support and they send me the attached PDF as a list of three possible solutions.
Kindly note that the solutions are available where the CALS are limited or less in Number.
I am sure that you could See Some dummy Document with Upper Case at the root of mounted folder just like the one shown in below image.
For me I followed these steps
1. Stopped all Qlikview Services.
2. Deleted all CalData.pgo
3. Restart all Qlikview Services.
4. Allocate all licences once again.
If I remember rightly I restared all the qlikview services as it had little further impact on the situation. My guess is just Server will probably do it but don't know for sure. Give it a whirl and see. Once the file is there it stays and is updated for all changes which is very handy.
Just a small one that might help save time..
Might I please add regarding amars helpful answer,.
I have version 11.20 and had to actually delete ALL .PGO files from the WHOLE server / all folders (of course backing up into zip files everything first)
I am using version 11.20 as well, detail version is SR12.
I first used amars method to clean up the old deleted .qvw files with Upper Case at the root of mounted folder, and that really works. And the tricky part is to figure out the path of these deleted .qvw file. I found the correct path by using the event log files (thank goodness we switches these log files before, which can be switched on by the QMC in the System-> QlikView Servers-> Logging). After clear up all the dummy .QVW files, I found we still miss some doc license. And at the same time, I found the even log file do have the "CAL allocation" info also recorded the history of all the CAL usage, but I can not find more missing license here.
And I tried to use the "PGOAsXmlAlso=1" to get the .xml file as discussed, and do add it in the [Settings 7] part, also stop/start all the QV server(services), but it failed, I can not get the .xml file. Did you have the same problem before? Because you mentioned, you finally delete ALL .PGO files to solve the problem. Do you mean you delete .PGO in both folders as below:
I delete ALL the .PGO file, but the .PGO files in 2nd folder will immediately generated after I restart the QV server/services, but doc licenses are still missing as before deleting the .PGO files.
Thanks very much
Really sorry for the late reply. Is this now sorted yet?
First of all, restarting the qlikview services is not risky.
You can either restart the services manually or use a batch file stated here:
Remote desktop to the Qlikview Server and enter Services.msc in the Run prompt. You can also Remote Manage the server to acess the list of services:
stop "QlikView WebServer"
stop "QlikView Publisher Command Center Service"
stop "Qlikview Management Service"
stop "QlikView Distribution Service"
stop "QlikView Directory Service Connector"
start "QlikView WebServer"
start "QlikView Publisher Command Center Service"
start "Qlikview Management Service"
start "QlikView Distribution Service"
start "QlikView Directory Service Connector"
What happened is that the server licence database got currupt.
To be able to delete the PGO files, the server must let go of these files. The Qlikview Services that are running applictions hold onto these files and so must be momentarally stopped while you delete the PGO files.
When the services are started again, the Qlikview Server will dynamically create the PGO files again but unfortunately blank ones.
Thats why its important to write down your allocations first since this all get lost when your licences are all returned.
Apologies for now being so detailed before.
Good luck, Jude
Hope this answers youre question.