Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView System Monitor shows License usage type as 'NONE'

Hi,

My QV System monitor shows the license usage in my environment based on three categories as below

Named

Doc

None

I understand Named and Doc are CAL info. But what is 'NONE' ? Does it refer to Anonymous users ? If so i need to track these users tagged as 'NONE'.

I require the user names for the users tagged as NONE so that i can allocate a CAL for these users..

Any ideas ?

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This might be cause by the fact that when a user is timed out and click on an object the reconnection is made and the information is not recaptured. I would have to look at the session log, but I have seen that in the past.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information..

I am able to see in my session logs that the users who have CAL type as "NONE" have the following data in the 'Exit Reason' column

'Socket closed by client'

Any idea what this means ?

Is it that the user closes the Access point browser ?

andrewpettit
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I believe this may also happen if the user attempts to open a connection and there are no CALs available for assignment.  Technically from an application/web perspective at this point they have a session with IIS or QVWS but do not have a session with QVS and have a CAL yet.  If you analyze your server for QVS logs do you have any references to this type of event?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

I have a few dashboards which have dynamic CAL assignment.

Do these NONE implicate the users who do not have DOC or NAMED CAL ?

If so my requirement is to identify these users and allocate CAL to them.. Any idea ?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You 'Socket closed by client' means something other that the server terminated the session.  User closed the brownser, someone restarted IIS, etc.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.