Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedriclupo
Partner - Contributor III

QlikView SVG Map Extension

Hello,

i'm trying to get the SVG map extension work (QlikView SVG Map), i downloaded and followed the tutorial on the word file. It's installed and I displayed the container of the map (white page).

I also created an excel file with the ISO 3166-2 codes from ISO 3166-2 State Codes | CommonDataHub and inserted it in qlikview.

What I want is to display the european map with the name of the countries on my document, however, it seems to not recognize my ISO extensions, even after I get doing SubField([ISO 3166-2 Sub-division/State Code],'-',2) as [Regional ISO Code] in the code, which allows me to have the extension for the subdivisions.

Does anyone have any experience on this and the way to treat it?

thanks a lot!!

P.S.:I left the links so it can help people getting further in the development.

P.S.2: i'm not sure if it's the write place to post my question, so don't hesitate to move it to the correct place if needed

TAGS: maps; ISO; extension; country; region;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

if you want to display Euro Countries only, please try to use "Country ISO Char 2 Code" column in your excel, the svg map extension only accept 2 char Country Code.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

if you want to display Euro Countries only, please try to use "Country ISO Char 2 Code" column in your excel, the svg map extension only accept 2 char Country Code.

cedriclupo
Author

Thanks Florian!

Not applicable

Hi Cedric

I'm starting using SVG Map extension.

You said " i downloaded and followed the tutorial on the word file."  I'm unable to get this tutorial word file . Can someone provide the link or the file  ?

Thanks in advance

Not applicable

Not applicable

I was able to get the map extension to work - at lease with a limited amount of data.  Seemed to work great, but, when I reloaded with the full data set, the map became unstable.  I have two tabs, both using the map, but with different calculations on each.  When I switch between the tabs, sometimes the map populates with the data and sometimes it doesn't.  I think it may be that it is too slow, and it takes a while for the data to populate.  Not sure.  Has anyone else experienced this?