Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Company and number aligned, and employee intervals

Hi

1) I have this simpel customer table with company name and phone number as seperate fields, at this specific level I need to link company name with the exact phone number, without clicking on a single company!? This mean that from the list of companies the list of phone numbers are aligned. I dont want to merge the fields from the original datasource.

2) I have a field with number of employees (Company size), and I would like to sort/group the rows into intervals!?

Plz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

1) You can also create an expression in a list box for field Company. Expression would also be

=only(PhoneNumber)

or

=concat(PhoneNumber)

if you may have a 1:n relationship.

Creating a list box with an expression is not much different to a straight table chart, though (by default, a list box displays also excluded values).

2) As I said use a conditional expression to classify your data, either using class() function or maybe

LOAD NumEmployees,

if(NumEmployees < 30, '<30', if(NumEmployees <50, '30-50', if(NumEmployees < 100,'50-100','>=100'))) as Class,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

CAn you attach The table?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

1) If you have a table like this

Company, PhoneNumber

Company A, 12345678

Company B, 23456789

it should be as simple as creating a straight table chart with dimension Company and as expression use

=only(PhoneNumber)

2) There are multiple ways to classify the company size, one way is to use the class() function:

LOAD *,

class(Size, 250) as CompanyClass

INLINE [

Company, Size

Company A, 100

Company B, 1000

Company C, 2500,

Company D, 200

];

Not applicable
Author

Sorry data is confidential. It is just a simple table, from the Edit script window it looks like this (translated to English):

"...

SET DayNames='ma;ti;on;to;fr;lø;sø';

LOAD Company name,

Address,

Zip code,

City Name,

Phone number,

# Employees,

Segment,

FROM

(biff, embedded labels);

"

Not applicable
Author

1) Well I don't understand why I should create a chart? Lets say I have the fields Company name, Phone number and Segment shown. So I click on a Segment, it becomes green and in the Company name section I might get 20 Companies marked white, properly the same for Phone number. The only problem is that I don't know which Company goes with which number unless I click on a specific company name or phone number. I want to have the Company list and the Phone list next to each other, or something similar, and be that company A and phone number A is next to each other.

2) I have the field # Employees which for instance could range from 30 to 3000. So I just need to consolidate them a bit, like 30-50, 50-100, etc., so I can click on a range and see how many companies I have in the range between 30-50.        

swuehl
MVP
MVP

1) You can also create an expression in a list box for field Company. Expression would also be

=only(PhoneNumber)

or

=concat(PhoneNumber)

if you may have a 1:n relationship.

Creating a list box with an expression is not much different to a straight table chart, though (by default, a list box displays also excluded values).

2) As I said use a conditional expression to classify your data, either using class() function or maybe

LOAD NumEmployees,

if(NumEmployees < 30, '<30', if(NumEmployees <50, '30-50', if(NumEmployees < 100,'50-100','>=100'))) as Class,

Not applicable
Author

Thx, I guess I misunderstood you then, sorry.

The list box work perfect in this case. Also I thought Classes was something else, but it works great