• 149,779 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

New to Qlik Analytics

instruction how to upgrade to new version

Dear colleagues we use Qlik sense enterprise on windows 2023May currently.  If we want to upgrade to February 2024 what is correct steps and is there ... Show More

Dear colleagues

we use Qlik sense enterprise on windows 2023May currently. 

If we want to upgrade to February 2024 what is correct steps and is there a manual I can follow.

whether we need backup before upgrade.

we also hope to be sure license also can be used after upgrade.

it is better can get your support ASAP.

😊

jens.

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Quarterly rolling sum

Hi, I would like to calculate rolling sum like in the table below. Data should be grouped by column "Family". For each quarter I want to take a look a... Show More

Hi, I would like to calculate rolling sum like in the table below. Data should be grouped by column "Family". For each quarter I want to take a look at current quarter and 2 quarters backwards. Any idea how to achieve this in script editor? I am not interested in set analysis using rangesum - above combination. Column "Quarter" comes from fiscal master calendar.

Thank you.

Family Quarter Qty RollingSum3 Family,Quarter,Qty
    A FY2023Q2 10 10 A,FY2023Q2,10
    A FY2023Q3 20 30 A,FY2023Q3,20
    A FY2023Q4 30 60 A,FY2023Q4,30
    A FY2024Q1 40 90 A,FY2024Q1,40
    A FY2024Q2 50 120 A,FY2024Q2,50
    A FY2024Q3 60 150 A,FY2024Q3,60
    A FY2024Q4 70 180 A,FY2024Q4,70
    B FY2023Q2 5 5 B,FY2023Q2,5
    B FY2023Q3 10 15 B,FY2023Q3,10
    B FY2023Q4 15 30 B,FY2023Q4,15
    B FY2024Q1 20 45 B,FY2024Q1,20
    B FY2024Q2 25 60 B,FY2024Q2,25
    B FY2024Q3 30 75 B,FY2024Q3,30
    B FY2024Q4 35 90 B,FY2024Q4,35
    Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

In Text Box font size changed when moved to big screen

Hi All, I have text box in Qliksense and I have mentioned Required text in text box. My system it is showing proper and some one having issues like if... Show More

Hi All,

I have text box in Qliksense and I have mentioned Required text in text box.

My system it is showing proper and some one having issues like if there are seeing dashboard in bigger screen then the font size will changes.

Can please suggest me how to handle when moving from smaller screen to bigger screen or bigger screen to smaller screen the font size won't change.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshman

Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

Parse delimited file with delimiter present in text data enclosed in double quot...

Hi , I need to parse and load DB a pipe delimited file having data in the below structure using Talend. Col1|Col2|Col3 "abc|111"|100|"zzz" "xyz|222"|2... Show More

Hi ,

I need to parse and load DB a pipe delimited file having data in the below structure using Talend.

Col1|Col2|Col3

"abc|111"|100|"zzz"

"xyz|222"|200|"yyy"

• Text fields are enclosed in double quotes.
    • Few text columns contain the delimiter inside them.

I am using dynamic schema as there are are multiple files with different schemas.(but all files follow the above rules).

Issue : It is note able to parse the entire content inside double quotes (abc|111) as single field.

Please help.

Thanks

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Build ''Ergonomic'' filters for new users

Hello, I'd like to know if there is any way for a user that doesn't know anything about Qlik Sense to show drastically the filters that they are in. T... Show More

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is any way for a user that doesn't know anything about Qlik Sense to show drastically the filters that they are in. To make a story short, I'm currently building an interactive report with buttons, so the user can clik on them, but I want to make it obvious for them to know in what filters they are in. I know that we have the filters all the way up of the page, but sometimes, it's not that obvious.

I don't know if I'm expressing myself clearly, for an exemple, on Amazon site we can see this tree :

Phara_0-1715295167430.png

The filters doesn't have to be like that, its just an example, but something of this kind...

Thank you!

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Enterprise Manager

Qlik Enterprise Manager Repository Specification

Hi Qlik, I want to ask about the specifications of Qlik Replicate Enterprise Manager Repository. We use AWS PostgreSQL RDS as a repository. What are t... Show More

Hi Qlik,

I want to ask about the specifications of Qlik Replicate Enterprise Manager Repository.

We use AWS PostgreSQL RDS as a repository. What are the minimum specifications?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Herra

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Application Automation

how to increment the file load ever month without overwriting existing file in Q...

Need to add new file every month just keeping appending new data with the latest date. I have below query where it will load the data but it is overw... Show More
    • Need to add new file every month just keeping appending new data with the latest date. I have below query where it will load the data but it is overwriting the existing data. this query is currently run automatically as scheduled. Kind suggest how to increment so that it shouldn't be impacted old data.  
    • let prevmon=date(addmonths(today(),-1),'MMM YYYY');

LOAD
      "As of Date",
      "xxxx",
      "xxx",
      "XXXX",
      "XXXX"
      FROM [lib://Source/SourceLanding/Reports/monthlyDetail report as of $(prevmon).xls]
      (biff, embedded labels, table is [qry For Comments$]);

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Comparison of difference between two filters.

Good afternoon, I'm trying to make a comparison between the current period - past period / past period * 100. The goal is to obtain the variation in s... Show More

Good afternoon, I'm trying to make a comparison between the current period - past period / past period * 100. The goal is to obtain the variation in sales in %. For example, in my filter, I'm comparing the same period in different years: February 2023 and February 2024.

THE EXPRESSION I'M USING IS:

( ( Sum({<Ano_DC={"$(VAnoAtual_DC)"}, Mes_DC={"$(VMesAtual_DC)"}>} TOTAL_ITEM_DC) - Sum({<Ano_DC={" $(VAnoAnterior)"}, Mes_DC={"$(VMesAtual_DC)"}>} TOTAL_ITEM_DC) ) ) / Soma({<Ano_DC= {"$(VAnoAtual_DC)"}, Mes_DC={"$(VMesAtual_DC)"}> } TOTAL_ITEM_DC)

VARs
    VAnoAtual_DC:
    =MAX(Ano_DC)
    VAnoAnterior:
    =MAX(Ano_DC) -1
    VMesAtual_DC:
    =MAX(Mes_DC)

Show Less
  • forum

Deployment & Management

Qlik Sense Upgrade Failed at ServiceDispatcher Step

Hi, Recently we tried to upgrade our Qlik Sense from May 2023 to August 2023 (IR). The upgrade went well for DEV and QA servers. But it failed on prod... Show More

Hi,

Recently we tried to upgrade our Qlik Sense from May 2023 to August 2023 (IR). The upgrade went well for DEV and QA servers. But it failed on production servers. We had to restore production servers with backed up AMI. Now we are investigating the reason why it failed. We have realized that we made a mistake when upgrading QS production which has two nodes: We stopped services on both nodes and then ran installation on two nodes at the same time. We know it is incorrect. But why did it cause problem? I am writing a report and need to gather deeper information.

Based on installation log files, I can tell the failure occurred at ServiceDispatcher step. Error occurred when it tried to create schema 'qlik_notifier_service'. I checked the log file for the successful installation on DEV server. When it tried to create schema 'qlik_notifier_service' there, it skipped this step because "Schema 'qlik_notifier_service' already exists" (the sentence in log). Why did the installation not skip it during production installation?

The attached ServiceDispatcher_installation_logs.txt contains related content from log files.

We need to make sure there is nothing else which caused installation failure. Please advise.

Thanks

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Qliksense Map Area Layer won't highlight certain cities

Hi, I am currently working with Qliksense Desktop and I noticed that some cities in my country wouldn't get highlighted in the Area Layer in the Map o... Show More

Hi, I am currently working with Qliksense Desktop and I noticed that some cities in my country wouldn't get highlighted in the Area Layer in the Map object, even some smaller cities will be highlighted. Some weird things I noticed are that Qliksense did auto-generated the GeoInfo for the cities that are not highlighted in the data model viewer so I guess they were recognized by Qliksense right..? And also the Map Object will pin point all the cities just fine in the Point Layer but just not in the Area Layer. Just wondering is there any solution for that or this is some of the limitations of the Map object? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Qlik Data Integration & Qlik Replicate story

Qlik enables a frictionless migration to AWS cloud by Empresas SB, a group of Chilean health and beauty retail companies employing 10,000 people with 600 points of sale.

Customer Story

Building a Collaborative Analytics Space

Qlik Luminary Stephanie Robinson of JBS USA, the US arm of the global food company employing 70,000 in the US, and over 270,000 people worldwide.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!