Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending or Viewing QVW across servers

Hi Qlikies !

Could you possibly throw some light on how to view or send QVW document from one server to another server.

The Current set up in our environment is as follows

The information comes from Linux server and delivered to Other Network server

Requirement:

We have to figure out how to automate and refresh QVW documents within Linux Server and send it to another server for display on large screen tv’s in factories (Multiple Locations)

If possible kindly provide step by step instructions

Thanks,

--Ajay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To have things on TVs you probably don't want to have QlikView apps showing there directly, as each TV would consume a CAL and refreshing them would be a pain.

Two approaches you may want to look at are using NPrinting to reload and distribute your app.  Make sure that you get version 16 though, as some of the functionality you will need is missing in 17.  Using this you can write dynamic HTML code and all of the images required for an HTML display on your TVs.

Another approach is to write out HTML code in your load script.  This can then show text based KPIs on your wall boards.  With some macro code you could pull through QlikView charts as well (using some exports on the post reload trigger), but you have more moving parts if you do this.

I've done a blog post on using the STORE statement to create HTML on the fly:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/write-csv-qlikview-store/

I have a wallboard display at a number of clients which looks like the below using this method:

2016-11-23_14-39-41.jpg

Hope that helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am waiting eagerly for a reply from this community.. Please feed me with some inputs as soon as possible

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Do you have a Qlikview Server License?

The simplest way would be to have a Qlikview Server and a Web Server accessible across your network.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Adam,

Thanks a ton for your swift reply !

Yes we do have Qlikview Server .. you mean create the QVWs the actual dashboard within Linux server and access them via Access Point(Web Interface) on another server?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I am not quite sure where your linux server fits in... are you running your Qlikview Server on linux?

But regardless, you can split your web server away from your qlikview server.

We found this a LOT easier to do with Qlikview Web Server rather than IIS.

Our setup is that we have the server running inside our internal network so it is protected, then our web server is in our DMZ (along with a read copy of our active directory for user authentication)

This means that our documents are available online to our remote users, as long as they have proper domain credentials.

I think that is what you are suggesting you want to achieve?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Adam,

Yes Precisely ! The current requirement is we need to capture hourly down time of factory machines on which Data collection Modules are installed and real time data is captured onto Linux Server. We have SQL Server installed on the same server to which we make connection via Qlikview. We develop the Dashboards required for each plant with plant specific data and then need to supply this information to TV display supplier(http://rmgnetworks.com/) which is located on another server. Can this be achieved via Access point with auto refresh and enable story telling feature ?

Thanks in Advance

--Ajay

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Ajay,

As per my Knowledge,

QV server/Desktop doesn't supports Linux .

QlikView 11.2 SR10 System Requirements.pdf

so it is not possible to setup & load qv jobs in Linux environment and share via QV web server/IIS.

So sorry if i understand your query wrongly.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I don't think that is the issue in this case

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Ajay,

I am struggling to understand a little bit where the issue is here as it seems like this is quite normal server setup and deployment, so I apologise if I am talking to simple here....

So you have the data you need in SQL

You already have this Data in a dashboard or dashboards.

Have you put these dashboards in the server yet? If so then you should be able to automate the reloading etc.

Once the dashboards are in the server then you can set reload schedules to refresh the data. This involves making sure your Qlikview Services user has the correct access etc.

From here, the dashboards can be published in the access point. Now access to the access point is usually within your domain, but you can split the web / access point server out (no additional license cost if you have enterprise, not sure about SBE)

Because you can split the web server you can then put it in a DMZ or wherever you want which makes it accessible to your factories over the internet.

Each factory would then just need to log in using a username linked to your document CALS and the information could be presented on the TV (i assume the TV has a web browser or is linked to a PC?).

You can of course configure these dashboards to auto-refresh when the server one is refreshed.

As I said I am not quite sure where the issue lies, obviously if you need some consultancy to help then I would be glad to 😄

However here are a bunch of resources that should help with what I have outlined, sorry if I have totally missed the point though!

Deploying Qlikview: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView%20Server/Deploying.htm

Splitting off the webserver: https://community.qlik.com/thread/34809  https://community.qlik.com/thread/19697 

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Ajay,

There is a big comment coming but it is being moderated!