Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

section access

I'm trying to reduce the data in my Qlikview document based on who logs in. To accomplish this, I have added a 'section access' to my script, with a LOAD statement in it to load two users: 'admin' and 'user'. I have added an extra column ('cluster') to this inline table, with the extra column having the exact same name as a fieldname that is used in the 'section application'. I have also checked the 'Initial data reduction...' checkbox on the document properties tab.

The idea is that user 'user' gets a reduced set of data (using the 'cluster' column) and that user 'admin' gets to see it all. However, it's not working as expected: 'user' can still select/see different 'cluster' values in the document and is not restricted to the one I specified in the 'section access'. Am I missing something here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

All field names in section access must be in all-caps. Don't worry about converting your field in the DB, since that will be done automatically for section access purposes. See the Reference Manual, pages 510 - 511 for more details.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

All field names in section access must be in all-caps. Don't worry about converting your field in the DB, since that will be done automatically for section access purposes. See the Reference Manual, pages 510 - 511 for more details.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

not sure what kind of problem you realy have. But see the attached example for help.

User: ADMIN, DEMO1, DEMO2, DEMO3

Password: P

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

I have read those pages, but from what I read, I figured I could make up my own column name (not restricted to 'REDUCTION'), as long as it matches one in my data.

Anyway, I simplified the fieldname and made it all caps, and now it is working. Thanks for your suggestions and the excellent example!

Not applicable
Author

Thx a zillion for example.

Not applicable
Author

Just a quick thank you to Rainer - I have used your example to help me to get this working after hours of messing around. Many thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Muchas gracias por el ejemplo, muy ilustrativo.