Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ram Size and qvw size

Hello Community,

i need some info about RAM.

If my qvw size is 500 MB then how much RAM needed and what about the size of RAM of simultaneous users who are accessing it..

Sorry if my question was wrong...

Regards,

Venkat.

5 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Venkat,

For 500MB file you require min of 2-4 GB RAM, If the RAM is less it will take more time to load and work on the document.

Users will access the app from ACCESS POINT so it not depended on your system server, it depends on the SERVER RAM size. Simultaneous users will not create any issue with server.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for RAM Calculation.

Regards,

Jagan.

avinashelite

Hi Venkat, 

I think this may help you:

RAM = (RAMuser × No. users) + RAMinitial

Where

RAM〗initial = QVWsizedisk × FileSizeMultiplier; this is the initial RAM footprint for any application

RAM〗user =〖RAMinitial × userRAMratio; this is the RAM each incremental user consumes

QVWsizedisk = SourceData × (1 - CompressionRatio); this is the size, on disk, of a

QlikView file

Assumptions:

userRAMratio: range between 1%–10%

FileSizeMultiplier: range between 2–10

CompressionRatio: range between 20%–90%

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are some practical rules to calculate the minimum server RAM size for QVS.

• Add the RAM size of all documents you plan to deploy. RAM size of a document can be deduced by storing a document on disk without compression (see Settings->Document Properties->General->Save Format)
  • Add 10% of the document RAM size for every user that is visiting that document at the same time.
  • If you do reloads on the same machine (and during the day), add RAM for reloading these documents. The required amount of RAM can only be determined by watching reload behavior in Task MAnager or by using Performance Moniutor to track high water marks.
  • Add a safety margin and an increase for planned future document launches (you don't want to add RAM every time a new document is launched)

YMMV. Do some tests if you're not sure.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author